Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 02:15 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I'm more likely to have that Beautiful blue lum-tec before an IWC. The watches don't scream at me.
You just said beautiful and blue in the same sentence...I am so confused. I didn't think you liked blue anything.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:20 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
He obviously like the beautiful blue water his SN infers...

Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by h20skier
I left the store tonight and felt rapped and I didn't buy anything. I totally get what you mean. It had like 15k on the Big Pilot and I asked him 40% or 30% off
Our local dealer wouldnt budge on IWCs or Panerai, but was very quick to discount Rolex by 30%. I ended up getting my IWC from a collector in Missouri, LNIB...great deal

Old 12-31-2010, 12:30 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cowtown10
Our local dealer wouldnt budge on IWCs or Panerai, but was very quick to discount Rolex by 30%. I ended up getting my IWC from a collector in Missouri, LNIB...great deal
30% discount on a new Rolex is huge.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:33 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
I love my Big Pilot. It's actually the first watch I've purchased where I haven't been intrigued by another piece 3 months into ownership. I do love the Portuguese as well though.

edit: I also am beyond happy that I didn't end up with the AP ROO. For the most part, I am so over the AP ROO style.

Last edited by GLN; 12-31-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
DAMN! Send me your AD's info via PM. Thanks.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the roughCowtown10 is a jewel in the rough
The Deep Sea is the only Rolex I would consider. But now that I have the Big Pilot, not looking back.
There are a few dealers that are very quick to discount Breitlings, Concord, etc etc. Sign of the times I guess

Old 12-31-2010, 01:11 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
I love my Big Pilot. It's actually the first watch I've purchased where I haven't been intrigued by another piece 3 months into ownership. I do love the Portuguese as well though.

edit: I also am beyond happy that I didn't end up with the AP ROO. For the most part, I am so over the AP ROO style.
The ROO is the best watch I've bought, I've been wearing it for nearly two years every single day. In fact its that nice, I am thinking of getting the Bumble Bee AP by 2011 if all goes well.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
The dealer I was at yesterday was a typical Mall Store jeweller. No ability to discount, maybe 10% off is what they always say.
I don't understand why they wouldn't be at least 30% on most Rolex. They are so 80's looking to me I'm shocked 90% of them sell. Some of the newer Black or Gray faced pieces are better.
I've really never caught a Rolex bug. I've always felt I didn't own enough gold chains and corvettes to wear one

Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow

Don't get me wrong that Big Pilot and that Portugese Yacht Club were very pretty watches. They just didn't scream buy me. I need that to spend that much on a piece. Light weight and I'm sure the Pilot feels great all day long on. I had a cool brown face brown strap on yesterday and thought it was great. Just not great enough.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough
Just ordered the LT LZ7

Quick Reply: Your next watch