Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I have an m38 and I love it. I use the watch for work and it takes a beating, no problem. I know these models are different but they have the same case dimensions. I will say the watch is thick, but for me a 44mm watch is the biggest I would ever go. I am sure most here will comment that it's not big enough!
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamspeed1334853091.518460.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  72.3 KB

Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
That JLC is great looking DD

Old 04-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
What do you guys think? Jlc master calendar. Has day date month. Guy is willing to sell it to me for $6000. Was asking 7k and I believe is 11k new but not sure. Gorgeous and classy watch.

My boss has this watch. I say go for it at the price you mentioned, very classy.

It goes very well with my boss's Guards 356 Cab

Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Want to start with a classic. Surprisingly, will be my first FPJ. I really enjoy his craftsmanship and innovative movements.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
My boss has this watch. I say go for it at the price you mentioned, very classy.

I don't normally like "dress up" watches, but I've got to agree. That's a classy piece!

Old 04-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
I don't normally like "dress up" watches, but I've got to agree. That's a classy piece!
Yes it is

Old 04-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
What do you guys think? Jlc master calendar. Has day date month. Guy is willing to sell it to me for $6000. Was asking 7k and I believe is 11k new but not sure. Gorgeous and classy watch.
jlc at that price = no brainer!! isn't that 2nd hand Cartier pasha/santos/rollie sub money? so much more heritage, class and functions with that particular piece. i am jealous! really hope you get it.
the master calendar is really a piece you can't argue with and don't think anyone can object to the master line, to me, can be or IS extremely subjective. the chrono, dual, 8days, memovox, and more importantly the sometimes-brilliant sometimes-busy World Chrono are so greatly varied that it is impossible not to fall in love with one if you were looking for a leather-strap gentleman's watch.

i am such a sucker for the JLC Reverso Squadra line, esp the world chrono le with rubber-ified steel bracelet because i know i can sport it everyday. but that jlc master calendar, at that price, really no excuse not to buy even if you knew you would wear it only once a week! btw, what you mentioned about the size and height made me even love it more and i am hoping they have it in the local boutique so i can try it out

Old 04-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
i am not in any financial condition to be able to afford any of those, but the list as it is now is still PP 5726 at the top. i am yet to try it irl, or see the new white dial, but i am 99% certain that for me it is BLACK dial and, surprisingly for me, prefer the leather strap to the new ss bracelet. would you look at that
Name:  PP5726.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  55.1 KB

nice but not for me

again nice but not for me

huge fan of the RO but i don't think i would spend on it if i could get a ROO BB, and even if i did i don't think it would get as much as wrist time as the bolder bigger APs

this could change when i take a first glance at the new 41mm RO line, especially with this G O R G E O U S black dial.. WOW.

unfortunately for me i think the RO is one of a very very few number of watches that look better in yellow or rose gold and i cannot wear that for religious reasons. maybe that is fortunate actually

Cartier Santos DLC, don't judge
i was thrown off by the chrono's price locally when it 1st came out, ~11k and i'm sure it has only gone up recently. but this version on gemnation is ~7k and to me, 5.5k from a grey seller doesn't seem all that bad

of course, really sits high on the list but cannot make sense of the price which is like 2/3s what a PP 5726 would run. still awesome and it has everything i want in a ROO: arabic numerals, ceramic bezel instead of steel, fc case on a 42mm, and that yellow is bold as fvck that i love it

Old 04-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by h20skier
That JLC is great looking DD
Originally Posted by JC919

Went to JLC Boutique to try it on before buying and I just didnt like how thick (14mm) it was. I still prefer the no complication Master Control. Perfect size imo

Tried on a used AP ROC and loved it, I just don't want another Chrono. Thats my size (AP ROC, daytona, Explorer 2, JLC master control).

Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
First post in this thread and aside from the Big Pilot this watch is what I would love to get.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Your next watch