Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Portuguese 7 days is one of my favorites pieces out there!

Old 04-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
IWC vs JLC seems to be the big thing for me this past month and for the upcoming year, learning more about their history and lines and makes. think i have the iwc down to:

Portuguese 7 days, ss, black dial

Portuguese Yacht Club chronograph, i have no idea how anyone can choose between white/black

more inclined towards non-chrono in all my searches, need to figure that one out before the elimination starts.
the Pilot series is heartbreaking because i made the mistake of trying on the middle east perpetual perhaps a year ago; and the new top gun perpetual does not help soothe
I am a big fan of the 7 day port. Btw- is the one you posted a fake: the subdials and date and fonts are wrong. The thing with these watches is IWC raised prices two times last year and now you could get a VC at the same price as a Portuguese automatic (comparing gold to gold). The yacht club is gorgeous and you get a lot of functionality in a column wheel chrono, so it is more complication for your buck compared with the port auto.

Last edited by TeutonicCarFan; 04-30-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Love the yacht club...

Old 04-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
The only Omega I even want is a 45.5 mm Planet Ocean, but I doubt that I would wear it much. I have too many watches that would be similar to it...

Old 04-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin it easily could be a fake sorry mate i just googled and used it.
whoa such clear opinions regarding which IWC everyone likes, nice! i am sure it will become clear and evident to me which IWC is the one for me as well if i get serious and visit the boutique and try them out. but for now, i am enjoying the tease!
it would come down to fitment on the wrist and seeing what can be really used more. okay i already know the YC is more my style but that's not the whole story. yet! great thing is both have arabic numerals, but i prefer the vertical design of the YC if i'm honest. the red seconds hand is a huge plus in my book, so is the illumination for practicality, as is the strap; really digging that. an important factor in my watches is how high they sit, and i think i read somewhere that the YC sits as high as a ROO! black dial is winning vs the white because of the white around the edge. such beautiful contrast going on in that watch's dial, bezel, strap

really tough competition from the pair of JLCs (reverso + master series) but that makes it even more fun. i REALLY shouldn't buy a new watch before June

btw quick search indicates the YC could be had for ~$10k, more than a bit on the rich side even though it's beautiful

Last edited by boursachi; 04-30-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Btw- is the one you posted a fake: that is a pic of Saudi_Ferrari's wrist with one of his many fake watches that "completes the overall look" on it.
Fixed it for ya'

Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Nick6489 is an unknown quantity at this point
A few weeks back a couple of you made some comments which inclined me to shy away from a Steinhart because of its similarity to the IWC Pilot Chrono.. I've come across these two Hamilton's the Maestro and Jazzmaster chrono. I prefer the Maestro but now to me it's similar to and IWC Portofino! Any thoughts/ experiences on these two pieces?

Attached Images   
Old 04-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I think figuring it out is part of the fun! The YC is featured in the Feb 2k11 watch time. PM me your email address.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond reputejmusser3r has a reputation beyond repute
IMO Hamilton makes a darn good watch for a very good price. Last year I got my dad a Hamilton Jazzmaster Chronograph and he absolutely loves it and has no issues with it at all.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
The only Omega I even want is a 45.5 mm Planet Ocean, but I doubt that I would wear it much. I have too many watches that would be similar to it...
Ever checked out the Railmaster XXL?

I think it would cure your big watch itch.

Originally Posted by Nick6489
A few weeks back a couple of you made some comments which inclined me to shy away from a Steinhart because of its similarity to the IWC Pilot Chrono.. I've come across these two Hamilton's the Maestro and Jazzmaster chrono. I prefer the Maestro but now to me it's similar to and IWC Portofino! Any thoughts/ experiences on these two pieces?
Go with the Maestro. It's a great watch. If I didn't have my Jazzmaster, I'd have one already.

Quick Reply: Your next watch