Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Ha! Thanks for the advice my friend. I'm in my mid 20's and have one term left before I graduate law school. You are right, this will be my first nice watch. As I mentioned I want to get the new watch within the coming year but no reason to stress. I'll wait for the right time and the right watch. Obviously I'll ask you for advice before
Here's my advice. Simply walk away from the computer and forget you even thought about buying a watch.

Instead send me 5k a month for your first three years out of school.

This my friend will save you 150k a over the next 5 years in watch purchases alone.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
You like these VC's because they look so close to your AP's interesting.....
Originally Posted by boursachi
the dual time?

or the chrono?

both are GREAT looking watches, i dig the functions on the dual time more as they are more useful for a watch this classy (though the date dial seems a bit crowded?)

1. you're right, different versions do have the illusion of a different size. but i would think the volcano is one of those that have a 'smaller' feel due to the black dial. every time i wear the Black themes ROO, i can't help but see it much smaller than the Panda. don't worry about the diameter of the bezel, think about the high-rise state of the case. that is what you will feel and notice once you daily it hope this helps with your decision

2. the VC and the Volcano are T O T A L L Y different watches imo (even if you meant the VC Chrono). so based on your tone, i think now you KNOW you gotta go with the VC.

ap roo vs vc overseas = win win situation

again, did you try the chrono or the dual time + what are their prices in KD?

is khaled karam still their dealer in kuwait?

Old 08-26-2011, 07:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Here's my advice. Simply walk away from the computer and forget you even thought about buying a watch.

Instead send me 5k a month for your first three years out of school.

This my friend will save you 150k a over the next 5 years in watch purchases alone.

Let me get this straight. I send you 180k $ over a 3 year period with no return in order to save 150k $ over a 5 year period for watches, which after 5 years will still be worth maybe 100k $?
I'd like to tell you I'll think about it but instead I'm politely asking you if you suffer from mental retardation, sir

Old 08-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura aboutSonar has a spectacular aura about
So came back from Zurich today, no chances to do some watch shopping, was in and out of meetings or dinners all of the time. Maybe next time. So still no idea what my next watch will be, only that I want it to have an in house made movement. And read some interesting stuff of big name brands still using ETA movement. I know for sure that I'll never buy a Hublot or Bell&Ross

Old 08-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by Ludas
Let me get this straight. I send you 180k $ over a 3 year period with no return in order to save 150k $ over a 5 year period for watches, which after 5 years will still be worth maybe 100k $?
I'd like to tell you I'll think about it but instead I'm politely asking you if you suffer from mental retardation, sir
A). Yes
2). The 180k spent has already factored in all you list. I'm saying you will lose 330k your way
C) it's the Sicilian way
D). Yes

Old 08-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Ah ok now I see. Well ok then, I'll think about it.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Another beautiful IWC piece I came across. IWC is really growing on me as a brand.

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Rolex Fanboy
Holy crap 6 months and mine hasn't even shipped yet. Crazy long time.

Yes Josh you can change to a strap from bracelet if desired.
Originally Posted by Scootypuff Jr.
This has just made my list of next watches to get.

Originally Posted by h20skier
The alligator strap version is like 3k it appears.

EDIT::::
I was just quoted $6400.00 on that piece Labrit. April/May possible production
Originally Posted by LABrit

How much is this?
Originally Posted by LABrit
Never liked a single IWC until this one (aside from perhaps the topgun after seeing 'Green's'. It'll be a great daily so i'm gonna buy it.

All: Will it be possible to change the bracelet to a strap when i get bored?

Old 08-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
This is on the way...

Name:  securedownload.jpeg
Views: 427
Size:  46.7 KB

But I may be wearing this at my wedding instead...

Name:  1280368257d.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  50.7 KB

Old 08-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Sorry if this thread is for actually for "your next watch" or if its ok that it "I wish these were my next watches". But ive been doing a lot of research and searching for different watches and I have to say these would be on the top of my list.

JLC

PP

The IWC Portuguese is so clean and classic

AP

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 08-28-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Your next watch