Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Your next watch

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Don't ask me why but it's what I would prefer for some reason.
this is why we are here to tell you forget a new watch and go with a used/good condition in your price range. how old are you btw?

i'm with Felix, don't settle for any of those brands if you want a suit watch (and i am guessing it will be your first 'nice watch' purchase?) and save up for later. just my 2 cents of course

a jlc reverso definitely tops the list you mention! have fun searching here and posting up WTBs

http://market.watchprosite.com/?show=collection.browse

Old 08-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
I know it's not as hot as Axmans awesome IWC but on the other hand it's a lot cheaper too.

The Longines Master Collection makes a good daily beater, really nice watches!

Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
this is why we are here to tell you forget a new watch and go with a used/good condition in your price range. how old are you btw?

i'm with Felix, don't settle for any of those brands if you want a suit watch (and i am guessing it will be your first 'nice watch' purchase?) and save up for later. just my 2 cents of course

a jlc reverso definitely tops the list you mention! have fun searching here and posting up WTBs

http://market.watchprosite.com/?show=collection.browse
Ha! Thanks for the advice my friend. I'm in my mid 20's and have one term left before I graduate law school. You are right, this will be my first nice watch. As I mentioned I want to get the new watch within the coming year but no reason to stress. I'll wait for the right time and the right watch. Obviously I'll ask you for advice before

Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
My next watch would probably be either Patek or Vacheron, I am leaning on the Patek more not sure if I get a Nautilus or the dressier "formal" watches.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
My next watch would probably be either Patek or Vacheron, I am leaning on the Patek more not sure if I get a Nautilus or the dressier "formal" watches.
Nautilus on a black leather strap would cover all bases.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:24 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Nautilus on a black leather strap would cover all bases.
Yes that is also in consideration, I am talking in the near future 2-3 years not now as I just got a Daytona 3 days ago

Old 08-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
No one's next watch is an MB&F? I thought this was a forum for real connoisseurs!

Old 08-24-2011, 07:36 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SteveH
No one's next watch is an MB&F? I thought this was a forum for real connoisseurs!
Group buy? Time share?

Old 08-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
So I'm in Vegas and I went by tourneau in Caesars Palace to look around. Ended up trying on the Vacheron Constantin Overseas titanium with the grey leather strap and it has taken over as my next watch. Last time I tried It on it had the black rubber strap on which just changes the feel of the watch to me, which is the grey/titanium theme.

Also went by a place that carries AP, the only Roo the had was the volcano but I think I have come to terms with the watch being too big for me... The volcano is still the only one I have tried on and maybe more relaxed darker colors would help with the size feel, but I just don't know if I can get comfortable with it.

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 08-24-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:01 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
So I'm in Vegas and I went by tourneau in Caesars Palace to look around. Ended up trying on the Vacheron Constantin Overseas titanium with grey leather strap and it has taken over asmy next watch. Last time I tried. It on in bh and it had the black rubber strap on which just changes the feel of the watch to me, which is the grey/titanium theme.

Also went by a place that carries AP, the only Roo the had was the volcano but I think I have come to terms that the watch is just too big for me... The volcano is still the only one I have tried on and maybe more relaxed darker colors would help with the size feel, but I just don't know if I can get comfortable with it.
The Volcano is not for everyone, I started with a RubberClad AP Royal Oak Offshore (It's steel with a rubber band and a rubber bezel) very relaxed colours and then purchased the vibrant BumbleBee Royal Oak Offshore. Dont judge it because of the colours, I am sure you are goint to love the other variants.

I tried the VC Overseas and it got my attention, I will get one in the near future. I was just talking to a friend of mine who is close friends with the owner of the AD of VC over here and he told me if I was thinking of getting one he promises he can get 25-30% off and that was one of the nicer news of today.

Do get the VC its nice, I like the strap of the watch and its a stunning combination.

Quick Reply: Your next watch