Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Italy

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
sy1616 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gr1zly
checkout Garda Lake cities like Salo or Riva
X10000 lake Garda, lake como too tourist filed.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
I went to Lake Maggiore last summer, a town called Stresa, and it was simply breathtaking! It's an hour and a half from Milan and totally worth the visit.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:44 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sy1616
and Lago di Garda is not?

lol

half Germany und dutchieland is there in the summer

Old 05-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ramius
People talk about North Italy but fail to mention that Naples was extremely wealthy once and when Italy unified the northerners basically robbed the south of capital. To each his own.
Ha! Ask a Northern Italian how they feel about being robbed of their money by the south sometime.

Originally Posted by sy1616
Hardly. Besides, the best areas are north of the town of Como like Lenno, Tremezzo and Bellagio (though that town can get touristy).

Last edited by Scootypuff Jr.; 05-24-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:20 PM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
and garda is shittier then como...

Old 05-27-2012, 11:46 PM
I don't even really like Obama.
Sutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond repute
Some parts of the South are nice, but Venice is by far my favourite place in Italy. I've been to Rome three times, and though you should definitely spend 2-3 days there to see all of the big touristy spots, in general the city isn't that nice. It's dirty, smoky (not a problem if you smoke), and like others have said, there's really not a lot left of Ancient Rome.

Venice is a city unlike any other. The people are generally very friendly (unlike many Romans), there are many major tourist spots and even if not, you could spend days just walking around the city and not get bored. If you really want to go somewhere else, the Amalfi coast is beautiful -- try to make it over to Positano. It's worth it to hire a boat for a few hours or the day, as there are a bunch of small coves/grottos that you can't access any other way.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:02 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Venice is stinky, dirty, bad food and a tourist infested eeeech. Shit show.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Sutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Venice is stinky, dirty, bad food and a tourist infested eeeech. Shit show.
Not great food and tourists, yes, but I still think it's absolutely beautiful, and it doesn't smell any worse than other major cities. I felt like I could breathe better in Venice than in Rome.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:41 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sutler
Not great food and tourists, yes, but I still think it's absolutely beautiful, and it doesn't smell any worse than other major cities. I felt like I could breathe better in Venice than in Rome.
Really? When were you in Rome? IMHO the last six plus years (G7 summit, Olympics) Rome has been great. Venice has been four years but I never liked it. Only place in Italy where the food sucks. Again just my opinion... With his commute from Rome I would send him to Napoli and the Foil to Capri anyway.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Really? When were you in Rome? IMHO the last six plus years (G7 summit, Olympics) Rome has been great. Venice has been four years but I never liked it. Only place in Italy where the food sucks. Again just my opinion... With his commute from Rome I would send him to Napoli and the Foil to Capri anyway.
In 2007, 2010 and 2011, all during the summer. It's definitely somewhere to go once or twice, and it's certainly a nice city, just not as nice as many others. I didn't find the food to be great in Rome either (though it was better than Venice).

Quick Reply: Italy