Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Italy

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for all the insight guys... This is an awards trip for my company so dates are non negotiable.... as for the 3-4 night excursion, my options are endless, just logistically don't want to spend and entire day getting somewhere.

Lake Como sounds and looks amazing and Mark mentioned a great option in the Amalfi Coast.... Im sure after 5 nights in Rome i will be ready to escape the "ancient ruins" and move onto something more relaxing and peaceful.

Keep the input coming

Last edited by C Money; 05-23-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
PM me your address Janko and I'll send you my Michelin Guide for Rome. I've highlighted the places I went and I'll make a few notes about restaurants etc.

Milan is great and I think your missus would REALLY enjoy it. You could rent a car for one of those days and hit Lake Maggiore/Stress for a day/night.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 PM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
dont go to the south...
come over to portofino or go to porto cervo or porto rotondo in sardinia..
great parties and beaches...

Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
R O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really nice
Lake como. Without a doubt.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:38 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
I don't understand this love for the south of Italy. It's dirty, poor, criminal-infested and not all that much. Bologna really is as far down south in Italy you want to go . . .
Bingo, unless your going to Capri.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Are y'all lumping amalfi coast with Capri or the dirty south(would feel like home ehy)?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:46 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Check out the Villa de Este on Lake Como. I's mind numbing, so unbelieveably amazing. My GF would not believe me until I took her there. Built in 1560's. Make sure you check out the pool, it's IN the lake.

Villa d'Este - Luxury Hotel Lake Como, Cernobbio | Villa d'Este

NO Capri is one of my favorite places in the world. Depends when you are going though. Summer is terrible on the entire island. May or September are my favorite times there. Best little hotel there. Small, intimate, family owned and staffed.

http://www.villasarahcapri.com/en/index

So you got my top two picks. If you want any more info on either, feel free.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 05-23-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
I don't understand this love for the south of Italy. It's dirty, poor, criminal-infested and not all that much. Bologna really is as far down south in Italy you want to go . . .
The way I explane the north/south debate of Italy is just like the US back in the early 1900's and still a bit now. South is more agricultural and the north has all the nice citys, factories, 75% of tourism... ect. Amalfi coast area is beautiful though! I wouldn't skip out on that.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:32 PM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
well if I have to be honest there are a lot of gorgeous places to visit in the south of italy... but the rest is shit...

Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by C Money
thanks for all the insight guys... This is an awards trip for my company so dates are non negotiable.... as for the 3-4 night excursion, my options are endless, just logistically don't want to spend and entire day getting somewhere.

Lake Como sounds and looks amazing and Mark mentioned a great option in the Amalfi Coast.... Im sure after 5 nights in Rome i will be ready to escape the "ancient ruins" and move onto something more relaxing and peaceful.

Keep the input coming
Actually, you may surprised there is very little of "ancient" Rome. Other then colosseum, forum, pantheon and aurelian wall most of Rome was built by the Catholic church and the popes 400 years ago, and the stuff they put up is MIND blowing. You will not believe your eyes of what is inside the buildings both outside and inside. Rome also has a ton of green space, the parks are just great for relaxing and there is like 5-6 major ones, not to mention the Roman hills. You will be rushing around in Rome if you want to do everything in 1 week. There really is nothing else like it in the world.

Yea south of Italy is poor so what? I still prefer it 10x better then the uptight nordic countries where lighting up a smoke is considered taboo and the ever watchful state is on every corner dictating your life. South of Italy is kind of like a mediterranean version of the wild west. Its not for everyone but it has its charm and its own thing. Naples has a tailor scene that makes Saville Row look like a joke. People talk about North Italy but fail to mention that Naples was extremely wealthy once and when Italy unified the northerners basically robbed the south of capital. To each his own.

Quick Reply: Italy