Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

The OFFICIAL Monaco and French Riviera Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016 | 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Stefano is an unknown quantity at this point
@monacobodyguards I remember you mentioned already about this car rental time ago and looking forward about more news...

Old 04-28-2016 | 07:48 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Monaco
Cars

Top Marques Monaco 2016

Check this out, pretty funny.

The police in Monaco..... working really hard.......

Police Marques Monaco 2016

Old 05-03-2016 | 07:20 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Monaco
Cars

Top Marques Monaco 2016

So many small and medium companies comes down during this event, to show their cars by turning around Monte Carlo....

Car fashion - Top Marques Monaco 2016

Old 05-06-2016 | 03:53 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
French Riviera
"Security"

Remember this? Seems like another "security from the bad area company" is arriving Monaco...

Coming soon...

* "Here is the CCTV footage from the robbery. Note how the Arabic "security" almost throw himself on the floor like a little girl"

* "Wannabies with no skills or courage"

* " A REAL security company would have notified the police"

Read the below.

Originally Posted by MONACO BODYGUARDS™
Cannes
Security

Interesting reading about a spectacular robbery and the TOTAL lack of REAL security from these Arabic amateurs.... they did not even put up a fight.

Captured on camera… but not by police: Footage shows audacious Pink Panther robber terrifying hotel staff with handgun during £88MILLION Cannes gems raid

A thief pointed a handgun at staff at the Carlton Hotel in Cannes last July. He was in and out of the hotel with a hoard of jewellery in under 30 seconds. The famous hotel was holding an exhibition of the valuable Chopard jewellery. The jewels belonged to London-based Israeli billionaire Lev Leviev. Police have so far been unable to apprehend the robber behind the heist.

It was a brazen daylight heist that saw a lone raider make off with jewels worth around £88million from the French RIviera's most glamorous hotel and which has left detectives clueless. And months on, the first CCTV images of a daring heist at the Carlton Hotel in Cannes have emerged as police still hunt the culprit.

Staff are pictured cowering in terror as the gunman, dressed in shorts and a dark baseball cap strolls into the hotel, threatens security guards and walks out with a haul of extraordinarily expensive Chopard jewellery. The robbery, one of the biggest jewel heists in history, is over in less than 30 seconds.

The CCTV images were published by French newspaper Nice Matin after police finally agree to publish them in an effort to catch the thief. The jewels, which belonged to London-based Israeli billionaire Lev Leviev, had been due to go on display at the luxury hotel when the man walked in through open patio doors.

The footage shows staff unpacking necklaces, rings and brooches as three "security guards" (Arabic wannabies with no skills or courage) stand nearby, one of them pacing the room. One of the guards begins to move from his spot presumably having seen the thief enter through the doors but stops in his tracks and puts his hands up when the man points a handgun at him. The guard cowers on the floor as the thief makes his way around display cabinets and threatens other security staff.

He points his weapon at two workers unpacking the jewels before taking a bag and display tray full of jewels. The man then calmly walks back across the room and through the same set of patio doors with his haul. He made off on foot through the exclusive Promenade de la Croisette which stretches a mile and a half along the Cannes seafront.

[B]Police say that they were not aware that the jewels were due to go on display at the hotel and that exhibitors normally inform them of such a high value display. (a REAL security company would have notified the police)

In a bitter irony, the Carlton is the setting for Alfred Hitchcock’s 1955 film To Catch A Thief, a romantic thriller starring Grace Kelly and Cary Grant about a jewel thief operating in the Riviera. At the time experts linked the raid to the infamous Pink Panther group after several members of the group escaped from jail in the period before it took place.

According to Interpol, the Pink Panthers gained notoriety by targeting luxury watch and jewellery stores in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States, netting more than £380million.

Organised gangs frequently target boutiques and hotels in and around Cannes.

1. In last May, jewellery worth £1million was stolen from a hotel safe during the annual Cannes Film Festival. An unnamed American woman working for Chopard, the Swiss jeweller and festival sponsor, was keeping the items in her second-floor room at the Cannes Novotel. Chopard had 40 staff at Cannes who tried to persuade stars to wear its products.

2. A few days later a necklace worth £1.6million vanished after a festival party in the neighbouring resort town of Cap d’Antibes.

Just days after the audacious raid at the Carlton, robbers armed with guns and grenades carried out another raid on a luxury watch boutique yeards from the hotel.

3. The following month watches worth thousands of pounds were taken when staff at the Hyatt Regency Palais de la Mediterranee hotel in Nice after a gang of armed men threatened staff.

4. And in September, a raider was allegedly shot dead by the owner of an upmarket gold and watch store in Nice after armed men ordered him to open the safe. He gave chase as they made their getaway and reportedly shot one of the men dead in the street outside. (This story is covered here at page 85 "Armed robber shot dead in street 'by owner of jewellery store he had just raided at gunpoint")

The 343-room InterContinental Carlton is a favourite of the stars, and is considered the ‘celebrity HQ’ during the film festival. In August 1994, three men firing machine guns burst into the Carlton and robbed its jewellery store. Later, it was discovered the gang were firing blanks.

There have been several high-profile jewellery thefts in Europe this year, including one at Brussels airport in February which saw £32million worth of diamonds taken.

The biggest-ever diamond heist was at Schiphol airport in Amsterdam in 2005.
Dressed in stolen uniforms belonging to the Dutch airline KLM and driving a stolen KLM van, thieves hijacked an armoured truck containing uncut diamonds worth an estimated £50million. They have never been recovered.

Cannes
Security

Here is the CCTV footage from the robbery. Note how the Arabic "security" almost throw himself on the floor like a little girl.

NEW CCTV Pink Panther robber's £88MILLION Cannes gems raid - YouTube
Security Analysis

Diamond robbery of the century in France

Intercontinental Carlton Cannes hotel

Euro-based Ixxx is an Elite Unit - a global security contractor mostly operating in High Risk regions of the world, providing expert protection for Heads of State and Diplomats. Particularly within Central America, but also VIP security in Spain and of course the French Riviera.The highly experienced staff provide world-class security to the globes most high profile individuals and physical protection just about anywhere in the world.

Colonel xx is a security expert and celebrity bodyguard, with more than 20 years of experience. Here he has made a small security analysis of the famous robbery at the Intercontinental Carlton Hotel in Cannes:

Who was behind it?

My thought directly after were these, later more info appeared:

1. Despite all the security defects, I don't believe the single gunman was really operating alone. His timing was too perfect, the escape out of the window too quick, and the prospect of moving such an easily recognizable product too overwhelming. The speed and precision with which the thief executed the operation indicates that someone had meticulously "cased" the hotel and the exhibition room.

And once he was on the run, the thief had to have somewhere to go.

A. He needed transportation.

B. Change of clothes.

C. A safe house.

All of the above requires some assistance. I am sure he did no work alone.

2. That means we were maybe getting directly into theories about a link to the Pink Panthers. But the high-profile location of the crime was a strange choice for the Panthers in my opinion, because they like to control the number of moving variables they are dealing with in order to minimize the risk of something going wrong. ( this I know a thing or two about myself ) The Carlton could have potentially presented a big number of employees and guests, and a good deal of chaos. Meanwhile a normal robbery in a jewelry store offers a smaller, more contained space, with only a few threats.

I totally sure that the Panthers would have done thoroughly preparation and recon first. The level of surveillance they are accustomed to conducting wouldn't have been so easy on Cannes busy Promenade de La Croisette. It is high profile and It is difficult to stake out there.

3. The low level of security may have reflected the criminals connection to someone working inside the hotel in some capacity. I think it's more likely they got information from the inside. You can not trust these French hotel employees working in places like this. And after the scandal with the shop security described earlier in this thread I wonder if the Arabic "boys from bad area" security had a part in this? You don't hire security from the street. A bad face combined with some night club bouncer experience does not make you even remotely qualified for a job like this.

A. But the timing, the unlocked door, and the speed of the getaway.... all point to this. In an statement to the press, the Carlton said that neither its employees or guests were implicated in the incident, and it is cooperating fully with authorities. I must laugh. They are so full of it.... and blind.

4. Another theory: Nor the crime or the criminal was particularly sophisticated. I think it's just as possible that a couple of local gangsters came up with the idea. All they had to do is this and that, and then they were in. It could have been a regular garden-variety thug. You just need some luck from someone who is prepared to point a pistol at you, it is not that difficult.

5. But even IF local criminals carried out the job, I think that the Pink Panthers were likely still operating in the background because only they would have the necessary resources to successfully sell such identifiable jewels on the black markets. Only their closed network has the partners to cut or polish large diamonds. Leviev diamonds were so big and of such rare clarity and color that they would be incredibly difficult to move. It is not the kind of thing you could sell without alarms ringing. It is either gotta be recut or you gotta get somebody to give you a false grading report." Not many small criminal networks or locals would have the capital necessary for that kind of forgery.

The LIST of mistakes:

1. Something was totally wrong at the Carlton. The security conditions at this particular event was ridiculously insecure, painfully inadequate and as I mentioned before....there was actually NO security!

2. The event was held at street level.

3. The terrace doors were supposed to be locked, they were open.

4. The robber was not confronted with a particularly intimidating scenario.

5. Only three unarmed private security guards.... the threat of one single firearm was evidently enough to hold them off...

6. No one pursued him.

7. All it took was some brute force and about 60 seconds.

8. The event's organizers should have been prepared for an attempted breach.

9. Jewelers with a very, very smaller risk and value have to install an perfect alarm system, CCTV, unbreakable laminated glass, locked doors, guards etc. to get insurance! In this case there was no real security and it was insured by Lloyd's of London and partners.... I just can't believe it. I hope somebody will learn a lesson (do your hear me know?) and stop crying about the cost of REAL security.

10. The big marketing of the event also seemed a bit out of place. Large pink banners on the front of the hotel advertised the valuable Leviev "Extraordinary Diamonds" and the month-long exhibition.

11. Local Police was not notified about the exhibition, even with such a high value display.

12. Yet another mistake...The security operation at the Carlton did not resemble anything like what should have been. Did they not learn anything? Especially AFTER these recent robberies:

A. A few months earlier, during the course of the Cannes Film Festival in May 2013, thieves outmaneuvered 80 security guards at the nearby Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d'Antibes to steel a single 2.4 million EURO De Grisogono necklace.

B. A week before that, cat burglars broke into the Novotel hotel room of an employee of the Swiss jewel and watch maker Chopard and wrenched a safe containing around 1 million EURO worth of jewelry out of the wall.

The LIST of what should have been done:

1. A professional Security Contractor with ex government employees. Impossible to bribe.

2. Three security agents are far from enough in order to protect so much values. How many exactly is confidential. Potential threats are not supposed to know HOW many we actually are and nor do we share this kind of info with hotel employees and other staff. We trust nobody.

3. "Private security guards are prohibited from carrying weapons in France." WRONG! Special authorizations can be granted when high-value assets are at stake.

4. I know the Carlton Hotel "quite well". At minimum the event should have been held in an upstairs room, with security checking in registered guests at the door. In the Press it was suggested that the robber made his getaway through a side door. But I can reveal that he climbed through a window, jumped the around 1.5 m down to the street, and fled on foot. Come on.... this is ABC of security.

5. Using a central command that oversees several perimeters, including undercover guards monitoring for getaway vehicles or other suspicious activity outside the building.

6. Detect what is going to happen before it happens, and interrupt it there. The robbers are not looking to get into a shootout far away from their target. Like when we protect our clients, keep potential threats at distance.

7. Every access point should be guarded, and guests should only be able to reach the "outer ring" of an event before they come face to face with security personnel. Checkpoints can also be covered as champagne registrations and the like so that the event doesn't sacrifice the aesthetic.

A. Security would have immediately marked a guy turning around outside an entrance as a threat, approached him casually, offered help and told him that he was in a restricted area.

B. But even IF a more organized criminals getting past the initial layers of security and makes it to the room holding the jewels, the thieves can still be delayed by a secure holding case. The jewels should be placed in a show case with unbreakable laminated glass and electronic locks with time delay for opening. If cracking the electronic code or breaking into the case takes more than a few minutes, the thieves will usually abandon the operation.

C. The most secure cases are built to resist the force of hammers, sledgehammers, crowbars, and even guns. If such show cases are used, the only dangerous time is the distance between a vault and the show cases. This distance must be as short as possible and, the jewels must be accompanied by armed guards. In the case of the Carlton, the jewels were lying ready, and the guards were unarmed. If the cases are ever compromised or the thief happens to enter at exactly the right time, as he did at the Carlton, the outer perimeters should be able to halt the thief's progress. A Team Leader should know where each security guard is. They should immediately know there is a robbery in place and should have a plan to interrupt it. If he gets in, he is not getting out.

8. I am not selling diamonds, but I think I understand how to reach potential buyers. It should be limited to the trade and not open to the public. Given the extraordinary price of the pieces, organizers should have only enlisted trustworthy, local jewelers to invite clientele capable of buying them. To do marketing that way is really reckless. You don't market that many carat diamonds with HUGE pink banners on the outside of a hotel. I have never seen or heard about that before....

9. As mentioned before the police was NOT notified. It is VERY important with strong coordination with local authorities and we always do that. They were not even aware of the Carlton exhibition. It would have been especially beneficial in this case. If the police knew there was so many million EUROS of diamonds, I am sure they would have posted a patrol car outside. They could then have responded to calls over a radio, and stopped the thief as he hit the sidewalk.

I do however understand quite well why they hesitate to contact the reluctant, difficult, negative French police. They do not like private security companies to "tell them" anything. No matter the company's employees are ex government agents with a lot more experience, better training, better equipment and higher grade than them. But if you have been in the business for a while, then you have all ready established your name ( meaning do not **** with us ) and professionalism. And you will know to contact the right department. In this case I would have contacted the Mayors office. The Mayor in Cannes is obviously not interested in any more robberies and he would order the police to cooperate 110%. This would provide us with not only one patrol car, but several patrol cars and armed officers in place. And they would technically be under my command now. But these small local amateur companies does not know how to go about real security business.....

Ixxx

Old 05-06-2016 | 07:08 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Stefano
@monacobodyguards I remember you mentioned already about this car rental time ago and looking forward about more news...

I will post it up very soon. Promise.

Where are you from Stefano? I see the American flag, but both your name and your English tells me another story...

And what do you do for a living?

Old 05-07-2016 | 05:18 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
ALL LAMBORGHINI™

Ferruccio Lamborghini 100th Anniversary

To celebrate his father 100th birthday, the entrepreneur Tonino Lamborghini conceived an event through the Emilia Motor Valley with different stopovers dedicated to Lamborghini Club all over the world, fans of the Bull brand and sport cars lovers.

2016 is Ferruccio Lamborghini’s year. 100 years ago the famous genius of mechanics and Italian entrepreneur, Ferruccio, was born in Renazzo di Cento, in the Ferrara province. Ever since the Lamborghini name has been renowned worldwide, as a brand that has outshined in different sectors (from tractors to sport cars, from mechanics to hydraulics components, up to cooling and heating systems) and as an Italian symbol of high quality and excellence.

To remember the Cavaliere del Lavoro Ferruccio Lamborghini (awarded by the Order Merit for Labour by the President of the Italian Republic), the first of a series of initiatives that will be organized for the “Ferruccio Lamborghini Anniversary” throughout the 2016 will take place from April 25th to the 30th . This first event is mainly dedicated to the Lamborghini Clubs all over the world, fans of the Lamborghini brand legend and sport cars lovers.

It is a rich program of events which will last six days with several initiatives on the Emilian roads: from Bologna to Ferrara, through the Emilian country towns where Ferruccio was born and grown up; visiting the MAGI Museum of Cav. Giulio Bargellini in Pieve di Cento; up to Parma, where the cars will be able to unleash the horsepower of their engines inside the motor-racing track of Varano de Melegari. Furthermore, an exclusive dinner will be held with Prince Meli Lupi, owner of Rocca di Soragna, and the closing day will take place at Giuseppe Verdi Museum of Villa Pallavicino. The fulcrum of this special week will be the Ferruccio Lamborghini Museum, in Argelato, right outside the city of Bologna; it is the new museum belonging to the family, conceived and designed by the entrepreneur Tonino Lamborghini one year ago. At the Museum, on April 28, the exact date of Ferruccio’s birthday anniversary, a special Gala will take place with: the presentation of the International Lamborghini Clubs that will participate to the event; memories and anecdotes from the family and friends of Ferruccio; music by Italian famous Teo Ciavarella’s band and a surprise entertainment for all the guests.

«I’m very glad and proud to present you the program of the event that my family and I have conceived to honor the 100th birthday anniversary of my father, Ferruccio.» – Mr. Lamborghini declared at the launch of this project. «On this occasion I will be happy to have around all those who appreciated and loved not only what he did, but also what he represented for the Italian industry. It is our desire to celebrate first the man, through the places and locations of his personal story, and then the entrepreneur who indelibly marked the world of mechanics and engineering. It will be – Tonino concluding – a dive into the Lamborghini history that I wish you will love to relive with me and with my whole family». To celebrate the 100th birthday of Ferruccio, the Lamborghini family has entitled My Motorland of Travel Agency Mollotutto for the organization of the event, from enrolment to the event planning and logistics, and cars renting.

Ferruccio Lamborghini 100th Anniversary Tour

Old 05-10-2016 | 01:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Yes.....my life has been a continuous trip! I'm italian, lived in Miami for a long time, then Spain and now settle down (partially) in Monaco..... But, please, do not investigate on me eheh!
Looking forward to updates about all these plates HH AA....
Ciao Bye Adios

I will post it up very soon. Promise.

Where are you from Stefano? I see the American flag, but both your name and your English tells me another story...

And what do you do for a living?

Old 05-13-2016 | 06:57 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Yes.....my life has been a continuous trip! I'm italian, lived in Miami for a long time, then Spain and now settle down (partially) in Monaco..... But, please, do not investigate on me eheh!
Looking forward to updates about all these plates HH AA....
Ciao Bye Adios

No my friend, no investigation whatsoever

I can relate to your continuous trip, I am international as well.

Old 05-13-2016 | 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
No my friend, no investigation whatsoever
I can relate to your continuous trip, I am international as well.
Oh yes, and I wouldn't change my life with anything else! Already planning new adventures and places to move to... Let's see. So you're not around here anymore? Was that you with a white Ferrari with black stripe?

Old 05-14-2016 | 04:05 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Oh yes, and I wouldn't change my life with anything else! Already planning new adventures and places to move to... Let's see. So you're not around here anymore? Was that you with a white Ferrari with black stripe?

Well I am, but I spend a lot more time in our other (international) branches.

Read the above again....

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Monaco and French Riviera Thread.