Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Las Vegas Restaurants - need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Motion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really nice
Where's Lotus of Siam?

Old 01-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Had a great meal at craftsteak a few weeks ago,

Old 01-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
We went to Boa, had Surf and Turf (Pacific Lobster and merican Waygu with Foie gras), a bottle of Brunello, and it was one of the few meals that we have had where I didn't think we got ripped off despite the bill.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:08 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
Boa was good, craft was decent.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:13 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Stryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond reputeStryke has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
There are only two places to go when in Vegas:

1. The Spearmint Rhino; and
2. The Crazy Horse.

Funny enough, the construction company I used to own built both establishments (there are actually 3 Crazy Horse saloons). After a while, I became the go-to guy for strip clubs in Vegas! I must have built out a dozen or more in about a two-year period. Some were even in residential areas and we had to walk past protestors. It was funny. I even built the Cheetahs on Western Street. Then the owner - who always paid his bills on time and in cash - got put in prison for bribing congressmen in San Diego to relax the strip club laws. I even plumbed his private home! Since we were a commercial construction outfit, I only bid on 5 private homes. All were large and complex enough to require a commercial builder. Here is the list.

1. Greg Maddux
2. Andre Agassi
3. Randal Cunningham
4. Cheetah Guy (I stay away from names when discussing these projects)
5. Sultan of Brunei

I bid and lost on Mike Tyson's house. I also did a major renovation on Steve Wynn's daughter's home. She was kidnapped from there about 3-months later. Crazy story. Google it and read about it. When the kidnappers called Steve for the ransom, he went directly to the cash cage at the Golden Nugget, withdrew the requested amount, went to the assigned spot and paid up. She was back in like 24-hours. Then he called the FBI. The kidnappers were all caught eventually. One of the guys got caught at a Ferrari dealership here in Cali trying to buy a 360 Mo with cash. Funny stuff.

The Sultan had a 40,000 sq. ft. main house and 6 guest houses between 6,000 - 8,000 sq. ft. Four of the guest houses became occupied by 4 of his wives. Michael Jackson used to come and stay at one of the guest houses a lot. We had a few warranty calls out there while he was visiting (don't ask why - I am sworn to secrecy). He answered the door personally each time. I rarely went on warranty calls. But when the Sultan's reps called, you bet I went myself. To my knowledge, however, the Sultan has never actually been to the house. I could go on for hours about that project. They practically required a body cavity search just to enter the construction site. We finished it though - on time and within our initial estimates. I was hoping for a McLaren F1 as a bonus but it never came.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

As for restaurants, I have always liked the Denny's on Sahara and Rancho.
Funny, small world. My good friend bought the Sultans place in Vegas which is where I stayed this past weekend.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
airflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jay_ftw
^Thanks for the help Barrister...

Seriously though, where should 2 broke ass college students eat for $100?
When I was working in Vegas there was an Italian resturant right across from the fire hall that was highly recommended by the locals, great food, lots of history, good service. Unless someone else knows the name I'll try do a search and find it, oh ya, the food was very reasonable if not cheap.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond repute
We ended up going to the Eiffel Tower restaurant at Paris.

Spent more than we were planning on, but it was well worth it.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
I was thinking of starting a Vegas restaurant website...just for kicks...I go enough & Lord knows I love good food. Some good, honest comments in here.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mi4M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If you're looking for seafood, definitely check out Rock Moonen's RM Seafood in Mandalay Bay. Don't sit in the bar - go upstairs to the restaurant - and you'll get some outstanding seafood.

Originally Posted by trojanman
Other excellent restaurants:
1. Fleur de Lys - Mandalay
Did you try out the Fleurburger 5000?

--eric