Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Las Vegas Restaurants - need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
brick has a spectacular aura aboutbrick has a spectacular aura aboutbrick has a spectacular aura aboutbrick has a spectacular aura aboutbrick has a spectacular aura aboutbrick has a spectacular aura aboutbrick has a spectacular aura aboutbrick has a spectacular aura aboutbrick has a spectacular aura aboutbrick has a spectacular aura aboutbrick has a spectacular aura about
Delmonicos in the Venetian will be one of the best meals everyone at your table will ever have. Boa is excellent steak and wasabe mashed potatoes. Ask for the outside tables at Boa. They have mist machines there to keep you kool.
Social House is an fantastic trendy crowd and good variety of sushi and fusion food.
Vic and Anthony’s at Golden Nugget is fantastic.
Red Square at Mandalay is excellent and within close proximity to a ton of other bars/clubs. (take them to Mix afterwards at the top of THE HOTEL.

Just a few suggestions.

Brick

Old 04-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
SlingingMercury has a brilliant futureSlingingMercury has a brilliant futureSlingingMercury has a brilliant futureSlingingMercury has a brilliant futureSlingingMercury has a brilliant futureSlingingMercury has a brilliant futureSlingingMercury has a brilliant futureSlingingMercury has a brilliant futureSlingingMercury has a brilliant futureSlingingMercury has a brilliant futureSlingingMercury has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BIG LUV
Prime at Bellagio is highly overrated. Olives is good little Cocktail/Lunch spot though.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all the great suggestions so far. But I'm more confused than ever now! I think I'm going to have to make a spreadsheet!

Old 05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
trojanman is an unknown quantity at this point
Steak: there is no shortage of steakhouses in vegas...every property has at least one if not more.

My personal favorites, in no particular order:
1. Stripsteak - Mandalay
2. Boa - Forum Shops
3. SW - Wynn
4. FIX - Bellagio (not your typical steakhouse, but they have an amazing dry aged new york strip)

Other excellent restaurants:
1. Fleur de Lys - Mandalay
2. Pamplemousse - off the strip, small family owned place. Consistently rated the best restaurant in vegas - SERIOUSLY
3. ALEX - Wynn. if you want over the top luxury with $300-$400 per person to spend, this is awesome
4. Wing Lei - Wynn. Perhaps the cleanest, highest quality chinese food I've eaten. I don't know about authenticity, but it's GOOD
5. DB Brasserie - Wynn - Classic Daniel Bouloud style. Casual and surprisingly inexpensive (by vegas standards). A hidden gem.
6. Olives - Bellagio - I have always been a Todd English fan. Olives is overpriced like everything in vegas, but it's a solid choice. Get a seat outside overlooking the lago.

Overhyped places to avoid:
1. Aureole - Mandalay
2. Okada - Wynn
3. Mix - Mandalay
4. Rumjungle - Mandalay. A great night club; an average restaurant
5. Any hotel coffee shop. They all suck and are a total waste of a vegas meal. The only one I *might* consider is Terrace Point at Wynn.
6. Most Hotel buffets - (the best ones are Spice Market in Planet Hollywood, Bellagio, and Wynn)

Old 05-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
a friend told me about Michael Mina's @ the Bellagio...I haven't had an opportunity to visit that place yet but, she said it was splendid.

check out delmonico's steakhouse though....that's my personal preference.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Motion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really niceMotion is just really nice
SW at Wynn is good.
There's a good Chinese place at Palazzo, can't think of the name right now.
Paris has a good brunch/breakfast buffet.

Have fun!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys,

Me and my girlfriend are gonna be in Vegas this Thursday night. What would be a nice place we could eat at without spending too much? We definitely don't want to spend over $100 for the 2 of us. We're staying at Paris if that helps.

Thanks!

Old 01-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
There are only two places to go when in Vegas:

1. The Spearmint Rhino; and
2. The Crazy Horse.

Funny enough, the construction company I used to own built both establishments (there are actually 3 Crazy Horse saloons). After a while, I became the go-to guy for strip clubs in Vegas! I must have built out a dozen or more in about a two-year period. Some were even in residential areas and we had to walk past protestors. It was funny. I even built the Cheetahs on Western Street. Then the owner - who always paid his bills on time and in cash - got put in prison for bribing congressmen in San Diego to relax the strip club laws. I even plumbed his private home! Since we were a commercial construction outfit, I only bid on 5 private homes. All were large and complex enough to require a commercial builder. Here is the list.

1. Greg Maddux
2. Andre Agassi
3. Randal Cunningham
4. Cheetah Guy (I stay away from names when discussing these projects)
5. Sultan of Brunei

I bid and lost on Mike Tyson's house. I also did a major renovation on Steve Wynn's daughter's home. She was kidnapped from there about 3-months later. Crazy story. Google it and read about it. When the kidnappers called Steve for the ransom, he went directly to the cash cage at the Golden Nugget, withdrew the requested amount, went to the assigned spot and paid up. She was back in like 24-hours. Then he called the FBI. The kidnappers were all caught eventually. One of the guys got caught at a Ferrari dealership here in Cali trying to buy a 360 Mo with cash. Funny stuff.

The Sultan had a 40,000 sq. ft. main house and 6 guest houses between 6,000 - 8,000 sq. ft. Four of the guest houses became occupied by 4 of his wives. Michael Jackson used to come and stay at one of the guest houses a lot. We had a few warranty calls out there while he was visiting (don't ask why - I am sworn to secrecy). He answered the door personally each time. I rarely went on warranty calls. But when the Sultan's reps called, you bet I went myself. To my knowledge, however, the Sultan has never actually been to the house. I could go on for hours about that project. They practically required a body cavity search just to enter the construction site. We finished it though - on time and within our initial estimates. I was hoping for a McLaren F1 as a bonus but it never came.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

As for restaurants, I have always liked the Denny's on Sahara and Rancho.

Last edited by Barrister; 01-12-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond repute
^Thanks for the help Barrister...

Seriously though, where should 2 broke ass college students eat for $100?

Old 01-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jay_ftw
^Thanks for the help Barrister...

Seriously though, where should 2 broke ass college students eat for $100?
some people swear that Lotus of Siam is the best Thai restaurant in the country. it was good but i'm no expert of Thai cuisine. if you, or anyone else, goes, take heed of the heat warning - DO NOT order a 10.

as for fancy LV places? i'd personally just stay away unless it was Alex. while Robuchon (Mansion) would probably impress most non-foodie people, you're getting ripped off - i won't go out of principle.

- chuck

Quick Reply: Las Vegas Restaurants - need suggestions