Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

1911 choices

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Really,why the hate towards Kimber? Just curious.

Obviously Wilson being what it is, any otehr options? I am actually going to use it, not just carry it in the shop, so its going to get lots of use in practice, maybe a steel plate match or two, so I dont think a safe queen is best, I cant break into tears seeing it dirty.. lol.

I really like the looks of the WC, so many options to choose from. Not to mention just awesome looking. Definately a conversation piece. The place I am working (or volunteering while my shop is pending) I have sold two Berettas just from wearing one while I am there. So, I would expect a lot of "oh my, what is that your wearing.. " kind of things.

Last edited by Curvejunkie; 12-19-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Curvejunkie
Always wonder myself...and I'm in no way a Kimber fanboi (rather an H&K fanboi ).

I have heard current Kimber-use reference by U.S. SpecOps (medic who trains these guys and trains with them) as well as LAPD (or special unit within - where my actual firearm came from!); these guys wouldn't f* around with something so "prone to jamming" and "crappy."

What it usually turns out to be is someone who knew someone who had problems, someone that had a firearm from a bad run (which happens with most manufacturers, but granted not all), or used a rental or friends gun and shot with some limp-wristed style. Or did something they can't ID as an inexperienced shooter.

Anyway, like I said above, I'll go Colt when I do it again (and cost is no object for me so it's not price driven, which I think it is for a lot of people). Here's another picture of mine:

Attached Images  

Last edited by Moving Chicane; 12-19-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
And by the way, get your damn store open so you can sell me my new H&K USP in .45!

Old 12-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
And by the way, get your damn store open so you can sell me my new H&K USP in .45!
LOL Waiting on our glorious motherland to get off her fat lazy ass and give me my last permit!

Heck, I am so bored, I am working at a gunshop in town for free, just to keep busy !

Oh yea, and what abou this one!

Kimber Stainless TLE II

Attached Images  

Last edited by Curvejunkie; 12-19-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Curvejunkie

Obviously Wilson being what it is, any otehr options? I am actually going to use it, not just carry it in the shop, so its going to get lots of use in practice, maybe a steel plate match or two, so I dont think a safe queen is best, I cant break into tears seeing it dirty.. lol.

I really like the looks of the WC, so many options to choose from. Not to mention just awesome looking. Definately a conversation piece. The place I am working (or volunteering while my shop is pending) I have sold two Berettas just from wearing one while I am there. So, I would expect a lot of "oh my, what is that your wearing.. " kind of things.
Kimbers work great, I gave one to my wife because I know that it won't fail. One of the reasons why people talk down on Kimber is that it uses MIM parts. Another reason is the fit and finish. The wifes Kimber is a custom shop and it is not as tight as my Ed Brown or Nighthawk.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:02 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Carry, use, etc... Nighthawk

Old 12-20-2011, 11:22 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Jean@VelosDesignwerks is on a distinguished roadJean@VelosDesignwerks is on a distinguished road
Look at the Ed Brown Kobra Carry. It's an awesome quality 1911.

I've personally owned Kimber's, Colt's and Springfield's. They'll all do you well.

The Colt Defender is my favorite carry 1911 with the Kimber Ultra Carry II being a close second. Both have been reliable and accurate.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I got a Sig and have really enjoyed the gun. Having said that, I went with the Sig b/c I didn't want to spend Kimber or Wilson money.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:49 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Scott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond repute
STI - hands down.

STI International - STI

Made just north of Austin. Unbelievably fantastic guns. Reasonably priced for what you're getting. They compare to Nighthawk and other high end 1911s, but cost about half.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
SigSauer 1911 is a bargain. the two tone with maple handles is $999 at Turners here. Silver with lights rail is 940.

Quick Reply: 1911 choices