Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Interest in Springfield XD .40

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:49 PM
ddk
Teamspeed Junior Member
ddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished road
Interest in Springfield XD .40

Hello,

I have been searching for a hand-gun and have come across a model which fits be exact. Its the Springfield XD 40. While at the gun show it was priced around $625 which was a little high so I went searching for better prices. All I got was confusion afterwards. Online at gunsamerica.com I find different variations of the same gun 5 and 6 times over with prices from $425 - $650.

Example:

1. XD9802HCSP06
2. XD9102HC
3. XD9802HC
4. XD9101HC

I then found the gun listed as a XDS 3.8 (XDM9384BHC)!!

So my two part question is what price range have you seen between these guns. And could you identify which model Springfields I have attached? Also your thoughts if you have experience with muli models.

For some reason one pic is real small.. heres a link for the FULL view.

https://i.imgur.com/KPF4F.png

Attached Images   
Old 10-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
price can vary depending on options, i too am looking at an XD .40

best prices i've really found have been at Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns at GunBroker.com

Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
StrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ddk

1. XD9802HCSP06
2. XD9102HC
3. XD9802HC
4. XD9101HC

I then found the gun listed as a XDS 3.8 (XDM9384BHC)!!

So my two part question is what price range have you seen between these guns. And could you identify which model Springfields I have attached?
Starting at the top I plugged each of the model types into Google.

1. XD9802HCSP06 - Subcompact model in .40 S&W
2. XD9102HC - Full sized model in .40 S&W w/ported barrel (hard to find!)
3. XD9802HC - Another subcompact in .40 S&W but minus the cool XD gear
4. XD9101HC - Standard sized XD in 9mm.

And the 3.8 series XDs are new and kicking some serious ass. They slot between the compact and subcompact models. I've never shot one because nobody has em. People have been snatching them up for CC pistols.

Also, your location isn't listed, but drop by a local range with rentals if you have one and try them out for size. Also consider that there are the XDs and then the XD-M line. Some differences there, mainly in the grips, barrel and sights.

Good hunting. We're always happy to provide information.

Last edited by StrikerX50; 10-06-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:23 AM
ddk
Teamspeed Junior Member
ddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished roadddk is on a distinguished road
Im from the St. Louis area. I called our local gun dealer (supposedly best in stl) and they had only a few models of the XD and XDS. I plan on running over there today to take a look.

Thanks for the info on the 3.8 XDS - Will see if I can track one down.

BTW the small picture attached in my original message, is that even a springfield?

Old 10-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond reputeStrikerX50 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ddk
BTW the small picture attached in my original message, is that even a springfield?
The bottom one? That's an XD with the ported barrel. Great for recoil control, a bit hard on the eyes during low and no-light situations.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
can you describe a ported barrel to me?

Last edited by HBdirtbag; 10-06-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
can you describe a ported barrel to me?
A ported barrel has holes machined into it and cutouts in the slide so when you fire a shot most of the muzzle blast is vented upwards through the vents, mitigating muzzle climb and felt recoil. Like so

I know it's a bit of a goofy looking pic, but it's the best one I could find at the moment.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thanks, i am very new to the pistol world, haven't shot one since I was 10. Have been doing a good amount of skeet/trap shooting lately with my Father in law, but shotguns are a different animal.

Is ported really a personal preference? is it a must? Negatives? Thanks bud

Old 10-07-2010, 09:27 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Strker, bro, if I wasn't repped out, I'd give it to ya. Well done mang.

ddk, assuming you like the feel of the XD, it will be a fine weapon for you to own.

HB, ported, you don't need it, nor do you want it if your interested in a personal carry/defense pistol.

Outside of competition, a ported barrel is a big ball of negative in most defense situations. The reason for that is that if you're going to need a weapon for self defense, it will probably be at night. And if you fire a ported pistol at night, bye bye night vision; and just as bad, bye bye target.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Thanks