Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Springfield XD 9mm 3"

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Springfield XD 9mm 3"

Went to a my favorite, local gun shop this afternoon to check out a few handgun options, as I'm getting close to a purchase. Started with the Glock 19, and then moved to the Springfield XD 9mm 3", and ended up comparing it to the Glock 26. The XD fit my hand very well, allowing just enough room for a full grip. The G23 grip wasn't large enough to accommodate my full grip. I found myself drawn to the XD as well, and liked the way they incorporated some neat, and useful features into it. The gentleman who was helping me said they were both excellent handguns, but that he did sell more XD's.

Being a 3" barrel, it is on the smaller end, but I felt that it was certainly adequate. Considering my primary use for the gun will be recreational shooting and home defense (with an emphasis on the latter), I don't see how it isn't a good move. I also like that it is an ideal size for concealed carry (whether on my person, in the car, etc.)

Anybody have any experience with the particular XD in question? I think I'm going to head back and purchase it, as well as the handgun safe (touchpad and key combination -- $89) they have on sale.

Thanks guys . . .

Old 07-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
The XD is a solid choice; i wouldn't worry about the 3" barrel. The gun will definitely be more accurate than you at first - don't take any offense to that statement...it's true for everyone who just starts out.

Good luck and post up what you got!

Old 07-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
Not a bad choice, my tactic00l has not jammed once.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Great guns, go with the XD.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
The XD is a great gun, even though I am partial to the Glock. However it is quiet big and heavy for concealed carry. You may in the beginning but it will get too much soon. I have a Keltec PF9 for carry, some go even smaller and with a Ruper LPR .38 or Keltec P-3AT. Some even smaller with the Seecamp .32s, though very expensive.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pretty sure that my buddy's springfield is this same gun, but in a .45. If so its top notch and I would definitely recommend it.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Cool, thanks for the insight guys. I'll post up a few pictures when I get it.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Chris is on a distinguished roadChris is on a distinguished roadChris is on a distinguished roadChris is on a distinguished roadChris is on a distinguished roadChris is on a distinguished road
XD9 3" is my favorite gun. I carry it everywhere, and it is extremely accurate and reliable. I also owned a Glock 27 (same as the 26, just .40), and found that I shot much better with the XD.

Chris

Old 07-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris,

Thanks for the insight. Still need to get my ass over to the shop and purchase it. Forking over $500 for a college student hurts a little. I'll get it done this Summer though.