Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Rate My Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude @ 50 yards you should be able to get a better grouping just throwing that thing ....... , sorry somebody had to.

Here is my personal step to improving my shooting, might be stupid for some but worked for me. Once I realized that I am not "in control" when the shot is fired I improved tremendeously. What I mean by that is whenever I tried to shoot NOW - I would pull the gun while pulling the trigger. All I can do is squeeze the trigger as consistently as possible, slowly increasing the pull until finally the round goes off. In the beginning I was slow maybe 2-3 seconds from starting to squeeze until the shot fires. With pratice this improves of course. In my mind we all aim right (unless something is wrong with your weapon) so me missing my target must have been the result of me pulling the gun during the trigger pull. Now I am just keeping the weapon aimed dead center and increase the trigger pull until the round goes off. You will learn to anticipate when the round will go off and of course you will get faster with your trigger pull. But in essence the weapon fires the round when the threshold of your trigger is reached and brakes and not when you want to fire the round NOW and jerk the trigger. This is actually hard to describe and may sound idiotic, then again I recommended to throw your rifle up to a distance of 50 yards

Last edited by Schwabe; 11-17-2009 at 04:47 PM.