Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Rate My Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:08 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
And the lord sayeth...

Originally Posted by SoCal C4S
What Carbon is referring to is called followthrough. Hold the trigger back after firing, then slowly release it. Upon releasing it, you will hear a "clunk," which means that the trigger has reset itself as he said. Here are some basic steps to practice in your head while firing: use the acronym BRASS-F.
B- breathe
R- relax (clear your mind and focus on a clear front sight tip; if you stare at the target instead of the tip, your rounds will be off target) Remember, clear front sight post, and fuzzy target
A- aim (align your sights and find your natural point of aim)
S- stop (stop breathing at your natural respiratory pause)
S- squeeze the trigger, causing the rifle to fire (skillful manipulation of the trigger is key!)
F- followthrough (described above)

Try and repeat this in your head and in application until it is muscle memory... Good luck!

Old 11-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
^Haha! The Lord?? Not I, kind sir. I am but a humble messenger of rifle wisdom. And a guy that loves to shoot.

Form the militia!!

Old 11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
holy crap...BRASS-F.... blast from the past reference. LOL I've not heard that in years!

Old 11-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned
I am here for you STOPPIE. Stay moto!

Old 11-16-2009, 11:21 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal C4S
I am here for you STOPPIE. Stay moto!
Stop the bro-mance right now... This is a thread about shooting.

sheesh...

Last edited by chokeu2; 11-16-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Banned
"Shotting" huh?

Roger that! Back to topic!

Old 11-16-2009, 11:29 AM
TeH Ears
I have no idea what you're talking about...

Caffeine... Lots of it today...
I've been like a 220 pound hamster jacked up on a pot of French Roast coffee, ephedrine and red bull all morning.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
I have no idea what you're talking about...

Caffeine... Lots of it today...
I've been like a 220 pound hamster jacked up on a pot of French Roast coffee, ephedrine and red bull all morning.
^^^ This isn't the Jox cheer up thread bro. That is a visual only he can fully appreciate.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Banned
^I feel you. I woke up this a.m. feeling like hell, and after a few pick me ups, I felt like the same 220 pounder. I had no idea you weighed that much.

Shooting, shooting, shooting...

Old 11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of caffeine, I don't consume it. However one night I only had a 3 hours of sleep and I needed to be awake and alert in the morning. I had some large (excuse me, Venti or whatever it is) Starbucks drink to wake me up. After I had drank that thing I could feel my heartbeat racing and I was wired. I counted my heart rate at about 120 bpm (normally it is low 60s).

Thanks for all the helpful pointers guys. Next time I'll work on not anticipating the recoil, trigger follow through, and focus on the front sight post.

I really need to join a private range. I went to a state-owned range, and some people there had barrels pointed behind the firing line and at other people at times. And there was a guy next to me shooting with an 18" barrel shotgun that he had just purchased. It took him over 10 shots to hit the target (which was probably 25 feet away). That's with the RSO giving him pointers.

Quick Reply: Rate My Shooting