Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Rate My Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Another thing you should do if you have not already is "zero" the weapon. Go to a shooting range and see someone about doing this. I could advise you on how, but you would be better off having someone teach you how. Once that is done, and once you begin applying all of the proper fundamentals of shooting, you will be golden.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
I zeroed it at 50 yds as that seemed to be a popular choice.

Can someone tell me how to work the rear sight elevation if I want to shoot past 200m? They are marked 6/3 and it has the half clicks.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:17 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal C4S
^I feel you. I woke up this a.m. feeling like hell, and after a few pick me ups, I felt like the same 220 pounder. I had no idea you weighed that much.

Shooting, shooting, shooting...
LOL! Yea man, Pmac affectionately described me as a silver back gorilla after we met. I have a love of powerlifting style work outs... But I am happy to say that I'm 220 with a 34 in waist.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond repute
Very good. Most gun shops have a dvd on the AR 15. If you're using NATO 62gr rounds or the slightly hotter stuff from Lake City (a little hard to come by now) there are instructions on how to zero- the trajectory of the bullet will naturally zero you at about 50 and 150 meters, and out to about 200 meters you'll be anywhere up to an inch high or low.

That's very good shooting, considering the following; you do not own the AR-15 model that was made to reach out and touch someone most accurately, you own more of a CQB to mid-range weapon and of course, like me, you weren't military trained. I'm much more accurate with my 20" heavy barrel than I am with my carbine. Neither is "hard" to lug around, but if I had to carry one all day, I'd sacrifice a little accuracy in favor of the carbine.

Another good round for shooting is the winchester 55gr, which is made by IMI (Israeli Military Industries).

Old 11-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Did someone mention bro-mance? lmao

Old 11-16-2009, 01:55 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Well any discussion with Pmac entails affection since he loves to wear skirts. And, since we were talking about weight, there was a corresponding rise in estrogen levels...

Guess we'd better dial it back a notch...

Save... My own...

And another that I had built at MSTN.

An outing with some friends.

And because cigars go good with guns

Phew... I feel better.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I really can't wait to go shooting in a controlled environment again. Shoot the shit with friends, smoke a cigar, drink a Corona... Ahh, the good life.

And yeah, I am hovering around 225 right now (with the food-induced weight loss plan over here), same waist. I am 6'3" though, so the height distributes the weight a little. Bring on the gay jokes...

Old 11-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Jeebus CRIPES Choke!!!

Can I come over? LOL

Old 11-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
I can cook! lmao.....

Old 11-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CarbonCycles
Adding to what the guys said above regarding trigger pull, instead of immediately letting off the trigger to reset, hold the trigger back until the trigger resets on its own (you will hear a click as the AR cycles). This will force you into squeezing and holding, which should help with the jerky slapping the trigger-ho habit.
This is the key to shooting any semi-auto firearm - pistol or rifle.

Quick Reply: Rate My Shooting