Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

1911 opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, the 1911 does look like a better platform.

Because you don't need double stacked, 15rd mags when you are carrying the Lord's round of choice.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Post of the week.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
guitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the rough
I love my Springfield military spec. I wanted something with classic military looks. My only complaint is that mine came with black, plastic hand grips, one of which has already cracked. I think the new ones come with wood "US" insignia grips, I'll be ordering from Springfield myself, but I'm not positive.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
guitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the rough
Anybody watch "The Unit"? In an episode earlier this season, an attractive female FBI agent was asked by the 9 mm packing unit members why she carries a 1911. She replied:
"which would you rather get shot by?

Old 05-11-2009, 01:48 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
OMG, I hate "The Unit"...

I'm standing by my statement... Of the 1911's that I have, my "workhorse", the first one I pull out to play, and rely upon; is a lowly Taurus PT1911. Just love it because it was TeH Awesome right out of the box. I've never had a Kimber work well out of the box. I could write that off as a one off, but every Kimber I've ever had, took a while to work right. Meaning... Simply fire, no matter what.

This Taurus... I put well over 2k rounds through it before I even cleaned it. Never, not once, mis-fired, or had any failure of any kind. It is the only 1911 I've ever had that has done that well. And being a 1911 devotee, I've had a lot of 1911's.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Why do you hate the Unit?

Old 05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by guitom
Why do you hate the Unit?
Because, as a rule, most of what comes out of hollywood disgusts me. That cesspool is a place that derides the military, and speaks out against the job that our all volunteer, professional military is doing. Yet, they make movies and shows with a military theme and see nothing wrong with it.

As for this show in and of itself... It is pathetic. I'm a veteran, and like many veterans, drivel like this is very hard to sit and watch even for entertainment purposes.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
"Because, as a rule, most of what comes out of hollywood disgusts me."

Certainly can't fault you for that. How did you serve if you don't mind me asking?