Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Any AK owners here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Any AK owners here?

I have been thinking about picking one up. What flavors do people prefer (7.62)?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
I have a Norinco MAK-90.
Mine is 7.62 and I love it, however prices for the ammo is going up and 5.45 is still cheap. I would like to get another before November myself.
Any questions, just ask.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
AKs suck for the most part. If you do get one, buy a European one (Romanian, Hungarian, Russian if you can). Much better quality.

Also, invest in a full synthetic stock kit. The wood forend gets ridiculously hot...

Old 09-05-2008, 05:36 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
do it, no arsenal is complete without an ak.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
AKs suck for the most part. If you do get one, buy a European one (Romanian, Hungarian, Russian if you can). Much better quality.

Also, invest in a full synthetic stock kit. The wood forend gets ridiculously hot...
Read post above mine. They are great fun. Don't replace the wood either.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
Read post above mine. They are great fun. Don't replace the wood either.
You're kidding right? I have used more AKs than I can count and I can ASSURE you that if you fire the AK as it's intended that wooden foreend might as well be a red-hot poker... When I shoot AKs a lot, I have to wear a Nomex glove at a minimum.

But of course the Russians, the ones who invented the AK, would only make the new ones with plastic furniture because they ran out of wood, right?

"The AK-101 was designed as a replacement for the AK-74M assault rifle and has been modified to meet the needs of today's military forces. The AK-101 was designed in Russia and is the main service rifle of the Russian military. The AK-101 features black synthetic furniture, with a side folding stock."

Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
You're kidding right? I have used more AKs than I can count and I can ASSURE you that if you fire the AK as it's intended that wooden foreend might as well be a red-hot poker... When I shoot AKs a lot, I have to wear a Nomex glove at a minimum.

But of course the Russians, the ones who invented the AK, would only make the new ones with plastic furniture because they ran out of wood, right?

"The AK-101 was designed as a replacement for the AK-74M assault rifle and has been modified to meet the needs of today's military forces. The AK-101 was designed in Russia and is the main service rifle of the Russian military. The AK-101 features black synthetic furniture, with a side folding stock."
I'm sure I didn't disagree with you. I'll check again though. However, it's not "classic" AK.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:49 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
what are you biatches screamin about???

No collection is complete without an AK.

Without a lot of detail or 'splainin, a good portion of my time in the Army was spent dressed as a Russian; carrying old faithful: an AK 47, then a 74. I couln't make one of these stop working. I love an AK.

That said... I have, and would wholly recommend anything made by Arsenal Inc.
Do a google search for Arsenal Inc.

No self respecting collector would fail to have at least one or six AK's in his collection.

Josh, seriously, check out Arsenal Inc.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:35 PM
the angry giant midget
cerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond repute
AK is some of the most fun that can be had shooting. personally, i prefer Romanian or Bulgarian.