Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Pagani is at it again

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Bjoern is an unknown quantity at this point
Basically till now they havenīt done anything wrong. The car isnīt still registered and it is only a showcar. Who knows if it comes back to Italy to be prepared again for a costumer or the car will be a "dealer car". Currently it is in Canada and got canadian dealer plates, but as far as I know they havenīt broken any rules yet.

My point is America is basically the largest market for Pagani now or at least one of the largest markets for the Huayra and they canīt afford to have negative press about their product. The business is very strict and hard, most of the companies still fail in the supercar business.
You can also see that the interieur of the Huayra is different to the european or asian ones and it has at least all the airbags. I donīt know how they work and honestly I am also not interested in. The car fulfills from the looking all the regulations and just because of the simple copied plate you donīt know anything more.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
The Huayra in question is a North American demo car and has not been sold to anyone.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bjoern
Basically till now they havenīt done anything wrong. The car isnīt still registered and it is only a showcar. Who knows if it comes back to Italy to be prepared again for a costumer or the car will be a "dealer car". Currently it is in Canada and got canadian dealer plates, but as far as I know they havenīt broken any rules yet.
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot
The Huayra in question is a North American demo car and has not been sold to anyone.
These are all 100% valid points.

We really don't know what will be this car's final stop, or what its final spec or data plate wording might be upon delivery.

I guess then I find it just a little strange why someone would have gone through the trouble of engraving and then attaching to this car a data plate that cites a seven year old, expired exemption belonging to another company, that they have not been granted anyway, and another exemption that they have never asked for.

I guess I am alone in this regard.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
All that matters is if it has road legal tires😜😜😜

Old 09-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
teflon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mattjs33
...I guess I am alone in this regard.
You are not.

Greg A

Old 09-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
interesting discussion, and I appreciate the detail brought to light.

Please let us know what you learn from the manufacturer. It seems further speculation at this point is not warranted.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
If it's good enough for the Europeans, it's good enough for me.

If I'm spending this kind of money on a car, I got bigger fish to fry than some silly placard / regulation that only holds water stateside.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alwin
If it's good enough for the Europeans, it's good enough for me.

If I'm spending this kind of money on a car, I got bigger fish to fry than some silly placard / regulation that only holds water stateside.
I'm sure it would matter to you if you lived in the states and spent that much on a car and couldn't register it lol

Old 09-21-2013, 07:15 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^But then again that is hardly the case here.

For all we know Pagani are still under way to get the car approved in the US.
Ain't no way in hell someone is paying 1.5mill usd for a Huayra..and pagani takes that money and leaves them with a unregisterable car..

They aren't selling lemonade from a stand one day only..

Old 09-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by La Artist
^But then again that is hardly the case here.

For all we know Pagani are still under way to get the car approved in the US.
Ain't no way in hell someone is paying 1.5mill usd for a Huayra..and pagani takes that money and leaves them with a unregisterable car..

They aren't selling lemonade from a stand one day only..
Why put the plaque at all if its not for sale. I don't see the advantage of forging a tag

Quick Reply: Pagani is at it again