Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Pagani is at it again

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
I'm sure it would matter to you if you lived in the states and spent that much on a car and couldn't register it lol
We're already talking about fcuk-you-money, so if it can't be registered stateside it's a simple fcuk you america, move elsewhere, or run diplomat registration or temp foreign IDP etc etc. Only normal people, like myself, would ever worry about let alone be held back by such trivial normal limitations.

Last edited by alwin; 09-21-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
Why would a premier supercar manufacturer do something as fughazy as this!!???

Smacks of bush league tactics.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alwin
We're already talking about fcuk-you-money, so if it can't be registered stateside it's a simple fcuk you america, move elsewhere, or run diplomat registration or temp foreign IDP etc etc. Only normal people, like myself, would ever worry about let alone be held back by such trivial normal limitations.
True. But then why make such a big show about finally entering the U.S. market with the Huayra? If it was that simple Pagani could have just as easily marketed Zondas here to people so inclined, without spending all that money.

"Fcuk-you-money" or not, I think people living here might like the convenience of being able to register the car like any other. I know people have had Zondas here successfully for a time, but I'm sure you know the story of the Cizeta that was seized by the feds. Or the recent NHTSA destruction of the Land Rover Defender I spoke of earlier. Would you want to take that kind of chance with your million dollar car?

Originally Posted by La Artist
For all we know Pagani are still under way to get the car approved in the US.
Very well could be the case. But if the Huayra was compliant, or achieving compliacnce was imminent, you would figure to either construct a plate that said "This vehicles complies with all..." (without noting any exemptions) or present the car with no plate at all. Someone still made a deliberate decision to word the plate the way we see it, knowing full well that Pagani does not have any granted exemptions.

Last edited by mattjs33; 09-22-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:46 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Ok hold the F up..
We need to clear and divide here.

Pagani has NOT and i reapeat NOT released any official info on the state of the approval, let alone that its complete and all set.

This is very important!

Last word was that it was not issued a exemption, and Pagani said it WILL comply to the rules and get it approved.

That day has NOT yet come.

Pagani has NEVER claimed that the day has come, so afaik its still under the process of approval.

Now when it comes to the plate i do not really know why they put it on there, and what they are trying to achive by that.

But since this car has the US regulation side markers and OBVIOUS difference in interior when it comes to airbags, this might be a sort of a mock up to show what a FINAL us spec customar car will look like..
And maybe just MAYBE they went over board with it and copied a damn plate to make it look as near what will in the end be a US huayra.

That is the only reasoning i can see behind this, it does not serve any other purpose.
As the plate in itself is worth shit as long as the NHTSA has not approved the car.

And i also am pretty damn sure that its not made to FOOL customers into beliveing it is registerable..
No way in hell can that be the case, as the reputable dealers that deal pagani and pagani themselfs cant run a scam on that level.

That is out of the question.

So still the debate is up on WHY they used a false plate.

There is no debate what so ever on the fact that its not approved yet.

The day the approval comes through, you can be pretty sure Pagani will realease a statement, and the car media will report on it.

So the big show of entering the us market is non existant, that show was as big a couple of years ago when they brought the red EU spec huayra to the US for the first time, and opened the order books.

After that there has been no statement other than the fact that they are underway to get it approved.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Artist, you and I have been through worse So let's recognize that for the most part you and I actually agree.

As far as you or I know, the car as shown could or could not be in final spec. It is very clear this car is a U.S. market car, due to the differences you have noted. It is clear that this plate does not properly belong on this car, if it is intended for sale in the U.S. market.

I cannot imagine why the plate appears as it does. I could speculate on a few reasons, but none of them make logical sense. I realized with my comparisons to the Top Gear story that it's way too easy to jump to conclusions. While I knew exactly what they were up to then, I'm not sure I do in this instance. Which is why I asked DJ to change the thread title to something a little less accusatory.

The thing about NHTSA compliance is that the NHTSA does not actually verify compliance. It's up to the manufacturer to adhere to the rules and regulations, very similar to how the bulk of EPA numbers are derived. I would imagine there is a provision for an audit process as far as NHTSA compliance, but I don't really know. But I would have to imagine there would be repurcussions of some sort for declaring compliant a car that actually isn't.

I am not stating that this is the case here. I'm simply stating (and I think you agree) that the appearance of this particular plate on this car is bizarre enough to bring attention to the compliance status of the Huayra. And the NHTSA has had particular interest in noncompliant cars lately.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:22 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^yep the plate is wierd.

But once again they have not said the car is cleared for the us yet, nor is this car sold and delivered in US..

Eventually they will properly register it in the US, there is no way around it if they intend to deliver on the US orders.

And i really think they are hell bent on getting those cars to the customers.

If not they wouldn't have taken the orders, as was the case with the Zonda

Old 09-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Judging from the Instagram photos (.@lamborghinimiami (Lamborghini Miami) 's Instagram photos | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer), I'd expect this car in question to be at Lamborghini Miami. Isn't the owner, Brett, on this forum? He could probably clear up most of this speculation since he had or has the car in front of him, and as a dealer would know if the car has been designated as "unregisterable" and just a demo model.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
They're currently on the way to getting car fully road legal, but at this point neither stage, nor timing is known.

From what I managed to hear they've lost almost all US customers thanks to such long certification process, for example many The Auto Gallery (dealer for Pagani, McLaren, Ferrari and Lamborghini in LA) customers opted for P1 instead, not sure how credible this information is though.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
For what it's worth I did not receive a reply to inquiry to Pagani, just as I suspected.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Yeah but you did not phone them like I suggested, you need to get hold of the guys in the PR dept.

An email out of no where is unlikely to get a response, lets be serious.

But if your end game is to continue this pointless speculation then carry on, you will be very unlikely to get the answers you seek

Quick Reply: Pagani is at it again