Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

One-off Koenigsegg Agera

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012 | 06:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by The Artist
You will see that before you see a ring time for the agera
And i hope the number that the airplane copy/inspired car pulls out its not the same as the Agera, because thats copying, oh I'm sorry..... Inpired in!

Old 10-26-2012 | 07:06 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Let me decipher that code and get back to you.

Dafuq is he talkin about

Old 10-29-2012 | 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ApexAutoVideo is on a distinguished roadApexAutoVideo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by streetrod454
The group test that was done a while ago where the Zonda F beat the CCX around the ring was a very good comparison. The cars were run on the same day using the same driver and the cars were all owned by the same guy that included the Enzo, The Porsche GT and the MC12. All the cars were in standard street trim so to complain that the CCX had the wrong gearing just does not stack up. On the day it lost plain and simple.
Unfortunately the result of the Nurburgring test might not be as "plain and simple" as it might seem.

The cars that participated in the test were supposed to be set up as they would be out of the factory. The CCX was stock, but apparently the Zonda had been (at least slightly) altered.

But that doesn't really matter because the main thing that potentially nullifies the result is that there was a serious risk of conflict of interest going on.
The driver, Marc Basseng, was one of Pagani's test drivers and would later on set the record with the Zonda R. It is also known that there is a fair share of tension between Koenigsegg and Pagani and this would have been an easy way for Horacio to kick the CCX down a few notches.
It seems odd that the CCX would be the fastest car round the Top Gear track, which I think favors nimbler cars, and then lose so dramatically on a more stretched out track like the Nordschleife.

Now, it might very well be that the CCX is a slower car around the Ring, but this test was not a fair attempt at showing that...

I've heard that Koenigsegg are out to set a time on the Ring with the Agera R, which would be really interesting.

Old 10-29-2012 | 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know what y'all are smokin'...I'd take a cinque over any stupid egg any day of the week. Only thing I see going for the egg that I think is even worth noting in comparison to the Zonda is the swivel doors lol, but that's jmho.

Still hoping to have a Zonda in my life, sooner than later.

Old 10-31-2012 | 07:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ApexAutoVideo
Unfortunately the result of the Nurburgring test might not be as "plain and simple" as it might seem.

The cars that participated in the test were supposed to be set up as they would be out of the factory. The CCX was stock, but apparently the Zonda had been (at least slightly) altered.

But that doesn't really matter because the main thing that potentially nullifies the result is that there was a serious risk of conflict of interest going on.
The driver, Marc Basseng, was one of Pagani's test drivers and would later on set the record with the Zonda R. It is also known that there is a fair share of tension between Koenigsegg and Pagani and this would have been an easy way for Horacio to kick the CCX down a few notches.
It seems odd that the CCX would be the fastest car round the Top Gear track, which I think favors nimbler cars, and then lose so dramatically on a more stretched out track like the Nordschleife.

Now, it might very well be that the CCX is a slower car around the Ring, but this test was not a fair attempt at showing that...

I've heard that Koenigsegg are out to set a time on the Ring with the Agera R, which would be really interesting.
Look we can all concoct conspiracy theories till the cows come home, but to suggest that Basseng was working under instruction from Pagani I think is stretching things a bit

Old 10-31-2012 | 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
Eddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished road
Look we can all concoct conspiracy theories till the cows come home, but to suggest that Basseng was working under instruction from Pagani I think is stretching things a bit
I think the best thing to do is to just wait and see what times the Huayra and Agera R set around the ring. Hopefully Koenigsegg will employ a different test driver and then the speculation can be removed.

Old 10-31-2012 | 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eddingtonsons
I think the best thing to do is to just wait and see what times the Huayra and Agera R set around the ring. Hopefully Koenigsegg will employ a different test driver and then the speculation can be removed.
I agree, but what would be best if both cars could be tested on the same day by an independent expert driver with no factory involvement, only then would it be a true test

Old 10-31-2012 | 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ApexAutoVideo is on a distinguished roadApexAutoVideo is on a distinguished road
I agree, but what would be best if both cars could be tested on the same day by an independent expert driver with no factory involvement, only then would it be a true test
I agree on both points. All I really wanted to say was that the result from that test was not as simple as one might think and that there is a serious risk of bias from the drivers side. The part that Pagani would have had anything to do with the outcome might be farfetched.

As for the testing I would rather see a test with factory drivers (so that they know the cars well) and external organizers with their own rules and inspectors. That way the cars would be used to their full potential and they would be on a level playing field.

Old 11-01-2012 | 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
Eddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished road
I think we are both aware that if that were the case then you would have several of these little kiddies chiming in that the driver was bribed by the makers of the victorious car to make the other car lose.

Old 11-01-2012 | 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by ApexAutoVideo
As for the testing I would rather see a test with factory drivers (so that they know the cars well) and external organizers with their own rules and inspectors. That way the cars would be used to their full potential and they would be on a level playing field.
I like your method more, please scrub my previous suggestion

Quick Reply: One-off Koenigsegg Agera