Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Manchester City complete Sergio Aguero signing

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Manchester City complete Sergio Aguero signing

Keep spending, you'll still be 3rd or 4th.

Sergio Aguero says he has joined a club that will be "fighting every year to win major trophies" after completing his move from Atletico Madrid to Manchester City.

The Argentina international arrived in England on Wednesday to finalise the transfer for a reported £38m.

On Thursday evening the club announced Aguero had signed a five-year deal.

The club said the striker, 23, was likely to be in their squad for the weekend's Dublin Super Cup tournament.

Aguero, who will wear number 16, told City's official website: "I think we are a team that in future will be fighting every year to win major trophies.

"When we were talking I asked my agents to do everything they could because this was a good club and I'd always wanted to play in the Premier League. It felt right.

"I don't think I'll have too many problems settling into the team. I'll obviously be doing my best to do what the manager asks and try to work the way he wants me to."

Asked about adjusting to life in England, he added: "Firstly I don't like very hot weather so on that side of things I'll be ok. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy myself here and life will be fine."

Earlier on Thursday, Aguero had Tweeted: "I'm already a City player. Happy to be in this club and this city."

City pressed on with the move despite the collapse of Carlos Tevez's proposed switch to Corinthians.

The striker, nicknamed 'Kun', also interested Real Madrid and Juventus but has become the most expensive signing in City's history, eclipsing the £32.5m paid for Robinho in 2008.

Neither Real nor Juventus met Atletico's valuation of the striker.

Aguero flew in from Buenos Aires, via Heathrow, early on Wednesday morning and went straight to a private Manchester hospital to undergo his medical.

He then had a brief stop at City's stadium in the early evening, and, after holding discussions with City officials, he happily signed autographs for the growing crowd of fans who had gathered.

Corinthians, meanwhile, pulled out of their bid to take Tevez back to Brazil last week after initially agreeing a £38.6m transfer.

That translated as 40m euros plus 4m euros in add-ons and City were happy to accept payment in instalments as part of the deal, but Corinthians were unable or unwilling to provide the customary bank guarantees associated with a deal of such magnitude.

Tevez's desire to leave City remains as strong as ever, but he may face an added complication as City are unlikely to accept a similar fee to that offered by Corinthians from any of the top European clubs considering an approach for the 27-year-old Argentine.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I think he's a really good player and will be a good substitute for Tevez on the pitch.
But he isn't a teamcaptain that can thrive teamplayers to their limits.
So ManCity is probably going to make Kompany the captain and I think that is good.

It's strange to say but ManCity was the only team that was really interested in Aguero (on this particular moment), all the other teams already have some really good strikers.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I think Chelsea have been interested in him in the past, but that seems to have been cooled.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
I think Chelsea have been interested in him in the past, but that seems to have been cooled.
that's why i ignored this news and did not post it
mancity are shaping up, but i don't see a Mourinho in charge so it's all good

but hey, at least they will be a good team for choosing when playing PS3

Old 07-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
but hey, at least they will be a good team for choosing when playing PS3
LOL

mancity are shaping up, but i don't see a Mourinho in charge so it's all good
Mourinho is waiting for the United job to open up

Old 07-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute

Mourinho is waiting for the United job to open up
Precisely.

And Aguero is an excellent signing. He is a quality striker. Now just watch Man Shitty squander his talents...

Old 07-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Precisely.
Not sure I can take another 10-15 years of Man U winning stuff.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure I can take another 10-15 years of Man U winning stuff.
It'll be just like pre-Abramovich. Besides, the Special One will be on TV all the time - it'll be fun.