Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

*** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011 | 01:28 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I admire your fight kid, but you need to learn when to quit.

Originally Posted by STLG
Only an egomaniac would think he speaks for the entire forum. Good job, Kobe #2.
I didn't say I was speaking for the entire forum, I was speaking for myself, although I'm sure if we take a poll to see if you should be banned or not, things would not work out well for you. You are an annoying, self-contradicting, know-it-all who can't take a hint.

I have real life friends. Unlike you, I don't need to bend over and say all the "right" things on the internet so that a bunch of dudes will think "STLG" is cool. I don't know what kind of books you have been reading, but I'm pretty sure that rule #1 to making friends is being yourself and not going along with what other people say, do, or think is cool.
I do speak my mind freely and openly. I find it nice that my true self is not an asshole know-it-all who needs to grow up.

Obviously you realized that my point about you not being as special as Lebron was true and you didn't have anything intelligent to say about it.
You know nothing about me or what I have accomplished in my athletic career and my current career. Nor will I tell you, no need to brag about things

I can tell you that the top people in my field (many make more than LeBron) would never have "CHOSEN 1" tattoo'ed on their back, roll with a huge posse of yes-men, and announce any job changes with a self-serving TV show. There is no excuse and no justification for that.

People like you are my favorite. You read through posts but ignore (don't reply) the ones that make you look foolish (like MiniD's post about other superstars being egomaniacs and the Lakers having quite a few on their team).
Please explain to me how MiniD's post made me look foolish? Pau Gasol an egomaniac? Lamar Odom an egomaniac?

I love the Lakers. I have mixed feelings about the current crop of players on their roster. Say what you want about them, especially Kobe, but talk to me when LeBron has 5 rings and learns some humility. Kobe doesn't roll with a posse of yes men, have CHOSEN 1 tattoo'ed on his back, etc, etc, etc.

You are a classic case of a smart kid who needs to grow up, learn some humility and realize that always being right does not get you very far in life.

Last edited by BigE; 05-28-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-28-2011 | 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
BigE can speak for me anytime GO MAVS!!!!

Also... dont respond to the kid, its not worth it

Last edited by thedude; 05-28-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-28-2011 | 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
let's get back to the subject at hand.
Mavs vs Heat

Should be a fun series.

Old 05-28-2011 | 04:33 PM
|
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
I know a lot of you want the Heat to lose because you hate Lebron or what you think the Heat represent, but how many of you actually think the Mavs are the better team?

Does anyone know who is favored?
I want the heat to lose so you never come back here again! That being said I think you may be on the BAN Wagon, and your final stop is within reach!

Old 05-30-2011 | 02:18 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
I found this interesting:

2011 NBA Playoffs: Jason Terry will have Larry O'Brien Tropy tattoo removed if Dallas Mavericks fail to win NBA Finals vs. Miami Heat - ESPN Dallas

I thought the tattoo was more of a "this is my goal" sort of thing. I would understand removing it if he had "2010-2011" under/around the trophy, but of all the outrageous things people have tattoed on their body, I don't think an NBA Finals trophy is that bad (even if you never win).

Anyone know the line on game 1?

Last edited by STLG; 05-30-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-30-2011 | 06:45 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Hannah Storm looks great in the "Finals Report From Miami" clip on Sportscenter

Old 05-30-2011 | 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Hannah Storm looks great in the "Finals Report From Miami" clip on Sportscenter
+ over 9000!

Old 05-30-2011 | 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys, I'm not sure if ESPN is telling me the date here, or the date there? How long until the game starts? I suck at time zones.

Old 05-30-2011 | 08:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by theprotest
Hey guys, I'm not sure if ESPN is telling me the date here, or the date there? How long until the game starts? I suck at time zones.
24 hours and 40 minutes

Old 05-30-2011 | 08:24 PM
Banned
Also this:
Asked the other night in Chicago about LeBron's impact on the season, teammate Dwyane Wade said: "Once everybody gets over being mad, angry, whatever they are, they have to admit that it's remarkable how many people took an interest in our team, in the league, in professional basketball beginning that night [July 8]. People who never watched the NBA to that point became interested. & I think we know that now. People who never even watched professional sports became interested in our product. It's much bigger than us now; look at the interest in the entire league."

LeBron James and the Miami Heat have given the NBA an extraordinary boost in interest this season and during the playoffs. - ESPN

Hate it or love it, Lebron (and this new Heat team) have done a lot for the NBA just by joining forces. It's a business boys (and girls), and all too often we sit here and complain about players only caring about how much money they make. Well, Lebron and probably Bosh could've gone elsewhere and made a lot more money, but many of us (you) are still finding something to complain about.

And, as far as all the "Lebron is an egomaniac" comments go. I just realized it, but the only response necessary is this. If Lebron was such an egomaniac, he would've stayed in Cleveland (or gone to some other crappy team) because he thought so highly of himself that:

1. He could do it all on his own
2. He wanted to be the only shining star on his team.

Why would an egomaniac choose to share his spotlight with 2 other guys? To me, he wants to win even if it means his legacy or reputation takes a hit. The guy is a professional competitor. Personally I think there needs to be more professional athletes like Lebron; people who are more concerned about winning than their rep or their pay check.

Last edited by STLG; 05-30-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: *** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***