Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

*** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011 | 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
I don't understand how an adult male could be a huge fan of an individual player so much so that he cheers by default for the team he is on.

Old 05-27-2011 | 03:50 PM
|
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by J@WB
There have been other teams that have done this before... Remember the when the Celtics got together?
People are not "hating" on the heat because Riley went out and got 3 super stars! People dislike Lebron and Bosh because of the way they went about it. Lebron's circus of a "pr" team should get the most blame, but it still boils down to the fact that a grown man did a TV show to declare the team he was signing with.

STLG please once again remove your comments regarding Lebron. MJ Defensive ability's were out of this world! Very much like you say "dirk" is hot, Lebrons D has been playing above his "norm" this playoff season. Does he have amazing abilty to block shots from behind? Sure, but the only reason he can guard Rose is because of the help behind him, it allows him to "lag off" and read the drive. He is a great Defender, but come on now saying he is better than MJ! You are so blinded by ur man crush

Old 05-27-2011 | 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Bosh looks like ET.

Old 05-27-2011 | 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister

Racing is completely different. To me, that is an individual sport.

Old 05-27-2011 | 04:56 PM
|
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Agree 100%

Old 05-27-2011 | 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Interesting. I can kind of see where you are coming from. But the driver would get nowhere without a massive group of people working behind him.

I would root for Lewis Hamilton no matter what team her were on. By virtue of that, I would root for any team he were on.

That would be true even if - GASP - he were to drive for Ferrari.

Old 05-27-2011 | 07:37 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
This statement kills any credibility you have brother. I don't understand how an adult male could be a huge fan of an individual player so much so that he cheers by default for the team he is on. Were you also a Cavs fan? If you were, you have no idea what it means to be a true fan, like many of the members you are arguing with are. A fan suffers with his team through good times and bad times, and remains a fan regardless.

Old 05-27-2011 | 08:03 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
@ AG Surfer: I have certain teams that I cheer for no matter what, but I also like a few players regardless of what team they end up on.

For instance I really like Chad Johnson and I'll usually cheer for him/the Bengals but when the Bengals play the Chargers, I cheer for the Chargers, good or bad, always.

There's nothing wrong with liking one player and cheering for the team he plays on to win. No, I wasn't a Cavs fan, and I'm also not a Heat fan. I'm a Lebron fan.

Being open minded enough not to blindly cheer for or against someone just because of the team they play on makes me a fan of the game, which is a lot more than I can say for all of you who blindly hate. I'm a true fan of the teams that I'm a fan of just like I'm a true fan of the players that I'm a fan of. I've never said I'm a Heat fan. You all just have trouble comprehending. Perhaps you should find out if Rosetta Stone makes an English version and go purchase one.

Stop picking and choosing what you want to read and consider everything I'm saying (or none of it at all). It's easy to quote certain things that anyone says and put it completely out of context.

Use the Ignore function if you don't want to read what I have to say.

Last edited by STLG; 05-27-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-27-2011 | 08:08 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, the driver builds his car, and performs all the maintenance before, during, and after a race.

How many people do professional basketball players have constantly in their ear giving them updates about other players/other teams/what's going on in the game? 0.

What do racing drivers do? They drive. That part is individual. What do basketball players do? They shoot, pass, dribble, etc. All of that is individual too. Obviously they pass to another player, but the initial action is an individual one.

Not sure what argument you're trying to make, but it's not a very good one either way.

Last edited by STLG; 05-27-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-27-2011 | 08:11 PM
Banned
Also, as far as the Lebron vs. Jordan debate goes, ESPN says it best.

"An open mind is all that is required to see the position LeBron James has earned."

If you girls can put aside your bandwagon hate for 5 seconds and consider what Lebron has accomplished you'll see that, at least on an individual level, he's just as good or better than Jordan was.

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/pos...michael-jordan

Last edited by STLG; 05-27-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply: *** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***