Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

*** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by theprotest
No respect from me, bankrolling a championship this blatantly will never be taken seriously. I'm sorry for sounding like a hater.
like I stated earlier I too had issues with it, but would have i been as upset if Lebron and Bosh had joined Rose in Chicago? NO... This will be the new trend in the NBA and I only have issue with the way LeBron handled it, even last night he made some comments that got under my skin "what's the date?26th?Only one more month of being hated" That is the stuff that makes me dislike and cringe when people put him in the same class as MJ and Kobe.

Should be a great series as once again Miami's depth could be a big issue (miller won't play like this again in my opinion) and unlike Chicago, Dallas has NO trouble scoring.

The NBA is back gentleman, we had some off years but I think the youth in this league is just amazing... Well, unless the jackass owners and union can't figure there "stuff" out and we have a lockout after next year!

Old 05-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mythic
It's no secret Scottie is not a fan of MJ.... He has lived in his shadow for ever. Just a ploy for media attention. U can not and never should compare the two... LeBron is Magic 2.0 not anything like MJ. Apples and Oranges

Old 05-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
D. Rose has cracked under pressure at the line in his 3 biggest games of his career thus far.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Good read. Pippen makes some good points.

Lebron is better than Jordan in some ways and not as good in other ways. I think Lebron is a better at rebounding, passing, and defense. Jordan was a better leader, scorer, and definitely more clutch than Lebron is in last shot situations. Lebron is one of the greatest in 4th quarter situations though.

Even though I think Jordan's Bulls had a better supporting cast and were a better all around team than the current Miami Heat, we will be able to better judge who has a better career now that Lebron actually plays with a group of guys who can contribute.

As far as the 6 rings argument goes, not even Jordan could've won 6 rings with the Cleveland Cavaliers. In fact, I don't think Jordan could've taken the Cavs as far as Lebron did. Lebron is probably the best ever at making players around him better than they are. Even though the 6 rings are a huge part of Jordan's legacy, to say Jordan is better than Lebron because he has more championships is absolutely ridiculous; the Bulls were great, the Cavs were not. However, as I mentioned before, if Lebron doesn't win multiple championships with this Heat team, then the 6 rings argument becomes a valid one.

Don't get me wrong, Jordan is one of the best players of all time. Probably still the best, but if Lebron had played on a good team for the first 7 years of his career, we might be saying "Jordan, who?" right now.

Maybe it's irrelevant, but don't forget that Lebron was dominant straight out of high school. Jordan probably could've been too, but who can say for sure.

Originally Posted by MiniD
D. Rose has cracked under pressure at the line in his 3 biggest games of his career thus far.
I think a lot of people were surprised by this, especially in game 5 at home. He's young though, and hopefully he's got short term memory. We'll be saying his name for years to come.

Last edited by STLG; 05-27-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I can't help but think back to the 9-game losing streak at the start of the season and all of the doom and gloom in Miami.

I always knew it would end up this way.

I don't see how the Mavericks can beat the Heat.

Since I don't have a dog in the fight, I really don't care who wins though.

I am just hoping for a good series.
Same. The Heat definitely aren't my team, but I think they are the better team. And, as I've said before, I am a huge Lebron fan so by default I cheer for the Heat.

Originally Posted by theprotest
No respect from me, bankrolling a championship this blatantly will never be taken seriously. I'm sorry for sounding like a hater.
The Lakers have a higher team salary than the Heat. So do the Mavericks.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

^^ The heat have the same salary caps as every other team.
Exactly.

Last edited by STLG; 05-27-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Banned
All this hate towards Miami is ridiculous. They could've been like most teams and built around one superstar, but they decided to go and get another superstar and sacrifice a little bit of depth instead.

Any team in the league can recruit that way if they want to.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Former Sponsor
J@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by STLG
All this hate towards Miami is ridiculous. They could've been like most teams and built around one superstar, but they decided to go and get another superstar and sacrifice a little bit of depth instead.

Any team in the league can recruit that way if they want to.
There have been other teams that have done this before... Remember the when the Celtics got together?

Old 05-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by J@WB
There have been other teams that have done this before... Remember the when the Celtics got together?
Exactly. People talk about the fans of Miami being on a bandwagon; all the haters have jumped on a bandwagon too.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
And, as I've said before, I am a huge Lebron fan so by default I cheer for the Heat.
This statement kills any credibility you have brother. I don't understand how an adult male could be a huge fan of an individual player so much so that he cheers by default for the team he is on. Were you also a Cavs fan? If you were, you have no idea what it means to be a true fan, like many of the members you are arguing with are. A fan suffers with his team through good times and bad times, and remains a fan regardless.

Quick Reply: *** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***