Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

*** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011 | 09:34 AM
|
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
Didn't I call Mavs in 5?

Westbrook sucks.
STLG did you hack Mini's account?

Old 05-26-2011 | 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor
J@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by C Money
Dallas has transformed into a championship team with the addition of Tyson Chandler. He brought a toughness and length in the post they have not had before. I too am not sure how they matchup with Miami (if they indeed close out chicago), but if any team is similar to Miami it's OKC. When a team has won 8-9 in the fashion they have you can not count them out. If Marion plays the way he did last night it's on like Donkey Kong!

All that being said, I knew there was a reason I didn't like Westbrook. He's a punk just like LBJ! Thinks he is the shit,whines way too much, and walks off the court after losing without acknowledging the team that just beat him. He wants to be considered as good as Rose, Negro please your a classless fool with tremendous athleticism!

Let's go Bulls!

Ps- can someone please ban STLG from this thread?

I agree with some of this. Westbrooks walk off the court after being beat was CLASSLESS, what a sore loser. They got beat fair and square. Give the team that beat you, when you have multiple chances to beat them credit and wish em best of luck. A true leader and professional will understand this and give credit when its due.

I lost a bunch of respect for Westbrook last night.

As for the 'Mavs, they played a great series, kept their composure the whole time even when losing with 4 min left. That comes with experience. The Mavs have a team full of Vets now that all have been in the position. The Thunder not so much, the Thunder will get there and will be back to the playoffs again.

Hopefully Miami can end the series at Chicago tonight and we will have one hell of a FINALS. Dallas wanting to get the title back from Miami and Miami wanting to win it to silence once and for all, the haters and critics.

GO HEAT!!

Old 05-26-2011 | 01:06 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
a hot streak all the way to the finals?

ok, enough of your nonsense. i dont give a shit about your opinions, clearly no one else does either. you have made a fool of yourself throughout this entire thread.

have you watched every game of the mavs season? have you been to any games? what was their record again this year? how many years have they won over 50 games? what makes you think you are qualified to speak about my team

you sound like a typical douchebag bandwagon heat fan. miami has 2.5 weapons and nothing else, don't kid yourself.

to be honest im glad you "don't see" us getting by the heat, that bodes well for us. nothing you have "seen" has come to pass.

miami has a better defense than us?! ya, you sure know your basketball

Are you really trying to claim that the Mavs played like this the entire season? If they did, why weren't they a 1, or even a 2 seed? They're sure as hell playing like a 1 seed right now.

As I've said before, I'm not necessarily a Heat fan. I am a Lebron fan so I want the Heat to win. However, if I thought the Heat wouldn't win I wouldn't say that I think they would. Wanting a team to win is different than thinking they will win. Lots of people hate the Lakers and wanted them to lose to the Hornets. Does that mean those people were confident the Hornets would win? Nope.

The Heat have 2 superstars, the Mavs have 1. Who would argue that?

And you think the Mavs have a better defense than the Heat? Which team gave up, on average, more points in the regular season? The Mavs. Which team had a higher opponent shooting percentage? The Mavs. Which team is giving up more points, on average, in the playoffs? The Mavs. Which team has a higher opponent shooting percentage in the playoffs? The Mavs.

Yea, you're right... The Mavs give up more points and have a higher opponent shooting percentage but they definitely have a better defense.

Also, who cares how many consecutive 50+win seasons the Mavs have had? Since when does the regular season even matter? You can have 80 wins and lose in the first round of the playoffs. Then does anyone care about your 80 regular season wins? Hell no.

No, I haven't watched every game, but if you're going to tell me that the Mavs aren't on a hot streak, and have been playing like this for years/this whole season/the majority of this season, then you are sorely mistaken.

If the Mavs were playing like this before the playoffs, why are so many people surprised at their amazing performance?

Lastly, Did OKC beat the Grizzlies? Yup. Did they win big in the last game? Yup. Was their game 5 loss to the Mavs a close one? Yup. Did the Heat beat the Celtics? Yup. Are they about to beat the Bulls? Yup.

Not all of my predictions have come true, but some have. Are predictions fact? Never. Do you know the difference between the two?

I guarantee the Heat beat the Mavs. If they don't, I won't come back to TS ever.

Quote it.

Last edited by STLG; 05-26-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2011 | 01:15 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
^Win the series, not just win one game.

If you're so confident in "your" Mavs, you would make the same wager. I doubt you are.

Originally Posted by J@WB
As for the 'Mavs, they played a great series, kept their composure the whole time even when losing with 4 min left. That comes with experience. The Mavs have a team full of Vets now that all have been in the position. The Thunder not so much, the Thunder will get there and will be back to the playoffs again.

Hopefully Miami can end the series at Chicago tonight and we will have one hell of a FINALS. Dallas wanting to get the title back from Miami and Miami wanting to win it to silence once and for all, the haters and critics.

GO HEAT!!
I agree. The Thunder really showed their age (or lack of) in the Dallas series. Hopefully they'll be back next year.

The Heat winning won't matter. Haters will still complain about them and you know everyone will be saying "Well they should have won." Everyone thinks Lebron and Wade can win a championship by themselves. I don't think people realize how well the Heat's bench has played in the playoffs.

Regardless, they're going to win

Last edited by STLG; 05-26-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-26-2011 | 01:20 PM
|
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ ur an idiot, if we are talking how a team played in the regular season and how they are playing now your logic would actually point at the Heat being on the bigger "hot streak"!

Do us all a favor and just leave now

Old 05-26-2011 | 01:34 PM
Banned
^^^ ur an idiot, if we are talking how a team played in the regular season and how they are playing now your logic would actually point at the Heat being on the bigger "hot streak"!

Do us all a favor and just leave now

Not quite.

The Heat have a very different roster than they did last season. They started off very slow, and as the season progressed they learned to play together and it really showed both on the court and on paper. They finished the season very strong and it continued into the playoffs. Everyone knew the Heat would be great if they could consistently rely on their bench players. Basically they're doing what was expected by most people who follow the game.

The Mavs, on the other hand, didn't do anything special to their roster, and also didn't do anything special at the end of the season. Like all good playoff teams, however, they've exploded in the post season and are playing better than any unbiased person would have expected. The Mavs are a veteran team. They've got a lot going for them that other teams, most obviously the Thunder, don't have. They showed very little evidence of this type of play during the regular season though. As they've done for the past few years, they quietly and unimpressively won games in the shadow of the Lakers/Spurs. That's been their identity and I don't think it's a bad thing; every team wins differently.

So to simplify it for you:

1. The Heat are continuing their progression and steady improvement from the regular season.

2. The Mavs are playing their best streak of 10+ games in 2010-2011 despite finishing the season so-so.

Do yourself a favor and grow up and learn to deal with people you don't like. Do your parents know you're on the internet?

Last edited by STLG; 05-26-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-26-2011 | 01:47 PM
|
Banned
Addition of Chandler is as important as the addition of Bosh to the heat this offseason... Stop trying to argue in circles, your comment was referring to "hot streaks" no team has changed as much from march until now as the Heat has... Deserve 100% kudos for that, but please do not tell me the macs are just "hot".

Old 05-26-2011 | 01:53 PM
Banned
Addition of Chandler is as important as the addition of Bosh to the heat this offseason... Stop trying to argue in circles, your comment was referring to "hot streaks" no team has changed as much from march until now as the Heat has... Deserve 100% kudos for that, but please do not tell me the macs are just "hot".

Sure, Bosh and Chandler could be considered equivalent additions. Who did the Mavs add that's equivalent to Lebron or Bibby later in the season? Anyone?

And I'm not "trying to argue in circles." The Heat have improved steadily all season. Being "hot" since March doesn't show a hot streak, it shows overall improvement, at least in my opinion. Call it whatever you want, but the Mavs are playing a lot better in the playoffs than they have at any point in the season, and this type of play didn't start until the playoffs started.

The last time I checked, a sudden increase in level of play was considered a hot streak.
Also, to say a team is the hottest team in the league right now is a good thing. Why is everyone so offended by it? The Mavs are on a hot streak in the playoffs, the best time to be hot.

Last edited by STLG; 05-26-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2011 | 02:31 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
I guarantee the Heat beat the Mavs. If they don't, I won't come back to TS ever.

Quote it.
the only part of your post that matters.

now i have yet another reason to cheer on my mavs.

Old 05-26-2011 | 02:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by IIVVX
the only part of your post that matters.

now i have yet another reason to cheer on my mavs.
Well we all know just how unconfident you are in "your mavs." When did they become "your" mavs? A few weeks ago?

Usually wagers go two ways, but since you aren't man enough to stand by anything you say I'll let it go.

Quick Reply: *** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***