Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Some of you guys are not getting the point, the league hasn't done squat this year about head injuries when they said it was a matter they were working on. That is one of the main reasons why Air Canada wants to withdraw its sponsorship. And have any of you guys even watched the replay? Pacioretty didn't even have the puck and you can clearly see Chara pushing Pacioretty's head to the side.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
nice...thread name change WIN!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
eomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant future
true that he didnt have the puck anymore.. he did have the puck when chara started at him and the puck.. if this took place anywhere else on the ice people wouldnt be up in arms about it. yes it was intereference. yes he did get a penalty.

i know at the beginning of the season a Hawks player was suspended. it might have been for boarding but i know one was suspended. the league has stepped up it suspensions and fines. just not to everyones standards which will never happen

Last edited by eomrag; 03-10-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
nice...thread name change WIN!!!
Control It took care of it

Originally Posted by McRae
Kubina gets suspended...
Now THAT was straight to the head. No question there.

Originally Posted by eomrag
true that he didnt have the puck anymore.. he did have the puck when chara started at him and the puck.. if this took place anywhere else on the ice people wouldnt be up in arms about it. yes it was intereference. yes he did get a penalty.
THIS. THIS EXACTLY. If this took place 12 inches before, or 12 inches after where it did, no problem at all. It just happened to be where the bench ended and the glass started.

Last edited by slord; 03-10-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
Control It took care of it
Surprized he didn't deleted it

Old 03-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Bruins vs Sabers. Lets go Bs

Old 03-10-2011, 07:04 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Great name change. The reason they didn't suspend Chara is - he doesn't have a track record of these types of things, he's a clean player. He appeared to not have intent of injuring the opposing player. Chara plays very clean and it was a very misfortunate and brutal incident. The rivalry totally adds fuel to the fire and watch for something big to happen the next time these guys play. The Air Canada sponsership drop is a total load of BS in my opinion. I'm not a fan of suspensions. They aren't taken serious. If you take a player, I mean DOUCHE, such as Matt Cooke, who has a huge track record of these types of plays he should be thrown out of the game. Suspensions don't do anything to guys like him. If I was the commissioner I would throw deliberately dirty players, like Cooke, out for good. I feel bad for both Pacioretty and Chara. Let's hope Pacioretty heals completely and can come back to the greatest sport in the world.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Great name change. The reason they didn't suspend Chara is - he doesn't have a track record of these types of things, he's a clean player. He appeared to not have intent of injuring the opposing player. Chara plays very clean and it was a very misfortunate and brutal incident. The rivalry totally adds fuel to the fire and watch for something big to happen the next time these guys play. The Air Canada sponsership drop is a total load of BS in my opinion. I'm not a fan of suspensions. They aren't taken serious. If you take a player, I mean DOUCHE, such as Matt Cooke, who has a huge track record of these types of plays he should be thrown out of the game. Suspensions don't do anything to guys like him. If I was the commissioner I would throw deliberately dirty players, like Cooke, out for good. I feel bad for both Pacioretty and Chara. Let's hope Pacioretty heals completely and can come back to the greatest sport in the world.
See but that is also part of the game. It may not be a great part of it, but without them there would a be a void in hockey.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:10 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
See but that is also part of the game. It may not be a great part of it, but without them there would a be a void in hockey.
I saw an interview with him and the interviewer said, "The NHL is cracking down on deliberate head shots and you often have an impact on players heads. Marc Savard is out indefinitely due to your head shot. Do you feel you need to hit differently?" His response was, " That's my style of play. I don't care, I'm not changing anything." Just because of that answer I would throw his ass out of the League. There's a difference between being tough and being stupid and that guy's the latter. Other names that come to mind are Jordin Tootoo, Steve Downie, and Chris Pronger. Dustin Brown and Niklas Kronwall hit with the force to knock the earth out of it's rotational pull and they hit perfectly clean.

Last edited by 65°V12; 03-10-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread