Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:19 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
It did indeed. It was a decent move, I think the spinorama has been overdone this season. I liked it because of the finish though, St. Louis has a wicked backhand.
It used to be rare, now everyone and their mother is doing it. I'm a fan of the wicked snapshot. Maybe 15-20 feet out and pop it off. I love it when it hits the pipe and goes in.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
It used to be rare, now everyone and their mother is doing it. I'm a fan of the wicked snapshot. Maybe 15-20 feet out and pop it off. I love it when it hits the pipe and goes in.
snapshots are deadly. not as flashy but the best shot in the game. nothing better than going bar down.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
What do you guys think?

YouTube - No Suspension For Chara

Old 03-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
eomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant future
i think its a good ruling by the league.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eomrag
Agreed. I heard that Air Canada is dropping their sponsorship from the NHL because of the hit and its under criminal investigation.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:20 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eomrag
I seriously hope you are kidding. It was definitely one of the worst if not THE worst hit to the head we have seen this year and it's not getting any better. Players aren't being punished enough for giving unnecessary and dangerous hits. I'm all for playing with contact as it is a part of hockey and adds intensity to the game but there's a point where roughness crosses the line and this was definitely a case where it did. Chara should have AT LEAST gotten a 2 or 3 game suspension.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by samuel.g
I seriously hope you are kidding. It was definitely one of the worst if not THE worst hit to the head we have seen this year and it's not getting any better. Players aren't being punished enough for giving unnecessary and dangerous hits. I'm all for playing with contact as it is a part of hockey and adds intensity to the game but there's a point where roughness crosses the line and this was definitely a case where it did. Chara should have AT LEAST gotten a 2 or 3 game suspension.
Disagree. Given I'm all for the Bruins, but look at the size difference and how the rink was set up it was just a freak thing.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
eomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant future
wow i didnt hear anything about the sponorship being dropped.

now im not a bruins fan. im not a chara fan. but hes what 6'9" and 265 pounds? it doesnt take much contact from him to force someone the other way. this is just a REALLY bad case of wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Air Canada is threatening to pull their sponsorship. I think they're idiots if they're doing it over this. I think it was a hockey play, an unfortunate one, but still, a game play all the same. I feel awful for Patch, and Chara too, but I agree with the League. Having said that, I do hate how the spin doc we call a commish is dealing with media on it all.

Just sayin.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the ruling. Chara was forcing Pacioretty off the puck and angling him into the boards. I guarantee Chara has a strength advantage with his size. I really think that the contact happend to take place where it did and Pacioretty ended up hard into the glass. That said, I feel terrible for Pacioretty and hope he gets back as soon as possible. I doubt Chara wanted this to happen and i'm betting he feel pretty bad about it, although i havent watched his statement in response to the hearing. Injuries are part of the sport and sh!t happens.

About the sponsorship thought, thats kind of ridiculous.

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread