Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
i havent watched a single mma event in forever, but recently iv subscirbed to this cable network that plays this stuf al the time, so the ufc was playing and i came acros this fight, ben henderson vs jim miller and WOOW, this was not a brawl, it had it all, good standup, good takedowns, impresive take down defense, amazing jujitsu from miller (which didnt work but stil, he moved wonderfuly), and fantastic ground n pound from henderson. that fight had true sportmanship and athleticism along with an exibition of combat skills, it made me question why i stop watching this stuf, then i saw the remainder of the event including its main fight (chris lytles last fight) and it imediately reminded me why,

Old 08-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Mayhem and henderson are excellent fighters, and the most exciting fights are usually in that weight-class.. lytles fight vs. hardy was a good boxing match.. Hardy was stupid IMO going for the takedown..

Watch todays event and you will truly wonder why you stopped watching! no submissions, only KO's.. GREAT card

Old 08-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
but im a submission guy remember!! when i se i ko i feel robbed

Old 08-28-2011, 06:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Then UFC 134 is not for you I personally did Muay Thai for a while so I'm a KO guy..

Trying to find a gap in my schedule and a good school to enroll in BJJ classes..

Old 08-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
oh dear...so disappointed in Forrest last night

Old 08-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
***WARNING SPOILERS***

Forrest is great, love the guy, amazing fighting spirit and work ethic. But I think with multiple hammering beat-downs like this one, his bell is going to get progressively easier to ring. I don't know if he's a serious contender anymore, but he is a fan favorite (just not in Brazil). The real question here is, where does Rua go after this? He will never threaten Jones as long as Jones is healthy. What about dropping down to Middleweight? He looks a little soft to me, perhaps he could make the cut and go after a belt there?

Big Nog, what a warrior. What a tough. What a tough family! The Nogs are some of the toughest, nastiest looking, most durable true fighters in world. I honestly don't know how they keep fighting at a competitive level after so many battles. Big Nog has only been taken out by Mir, Velasquez, Barnett, Fedor, Hendo...heavy hitters. And Schaub is no light striker either, but Nog looked like he was stalking him like a f*cking bear. Just when you think Nog's too old, and battle scarred, he does something like this. Wow. Boom. Brendan might want to look for some movie deals and take the comfy way out, while he still has his boyish good looks?

Anderson Silva crushed Okami's spirit, soul, hope, confidence as a contender--and his marketability as a top fighting property, IMO--in less than 2 rounds. There's no question how phenomenal Silva is now. Even the most zealous critics are silenced. He made Okami look like a rookie in the sport, but Okami is no rookie; he's bested some accomplished fighters, yet none of them were a serious threat to Silva either. Silva was in such control, so much as to drop his hands and taunt Okami, that while watching you could just sense he was setting him up for the inevitable indefensible attack, and there was nothing--not a damned thing--Yushin could do about it. Silva can hit you with lightning speed from any angle, and rock you. He can take you out of your rhythm, pick apart your stance, your tools, your strengths and you are merely waiting to be dismantled with an explosive array of weapons you can't escape from. And if striking didn't finish the job, a submission would've been just as inevitable had it gone to the ground.

Training with Chael had zero effect on this bout. Okami's incredible stamina meant nothing. His TKO win pedigree, zip. Silva outstruck a striker, outmatched him similarly to how Armstrong dropped top climbers in the mountains during his best Tours, pulling away at what seemed to be twice their speed. Silva is that great, he's that much better, and that's why he can dance, taunt, showboat, and play it safe on the occasion he decides to. He controls the matches. He was injured coming into the Sonnen bout, and I'd like to see Part 2 of Silva Vs Sonnen now that he's healthy. After that, it's got to be Jones Vs Silva. If Silva wins at that point, he should hang it up and go spend some time with his family, brain intact, legend locked in granite, undisputed as the best there ever was.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
i cant belive im posting this much here

i was extremely hapy to see big nog win, hes was an inspiration for me to start training, it would have broken my heart to se him fall in rio, true warior

i also use to be a big shogun fan but he aint the same and i dnt se him being a serious contender anytime soon, i realy felt bad for grifin, i like his style and mostly his personality,

and whats up with refs waiting so long before stoping fights these days, griffin should not have been hit so much, and another fight i forgot which the dude kept pounding on him for 30secs while out (on the fence), it was painful to watch, se how minotauro stoped punching on his own, clas

and whats up with all the monkeys stealing fighter caps hahaha Brazil!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:27 AM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Super D

There's no question how phenomenal Silva is now. Even the most zealous critics are silenced. He made Okami look like a rookie in the sport, but Okami is no rookie;
Point well made sir...

Old 08-30-2011, 04:31 PM
UFC 135's Quinton Jackson details how he allegedly rooted out a Jon Jones spy

UFC 135's Quinton Jackson details how he allegedly rooted out a Jon Jones spy | MMAjunkie.com

"Just weeks before UFC light-heavyweight champ Jon Jones' first title defense and Quinton Jackson's first opportunity to reclaim his lost title, a behind-the-scenes drama has spilled into the public.

Jackson has accused Jones' camp of infiltrating a private, Denver-area facility where he's sequestered himself in preparation for their headlining fight at UFC 135. He said he's proven there's a spy in his midst.

Jackson (32-8 MMA, 7-2 UFC) and manager Anthony McGann believe Jones (13-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) is scared to fight and looking for a way out.

Jones' manager, Malki Kawa, denies he's used any underhanded tactics in the buildup to the Sept. 24 pay-per-view event and counters that Jackson is using spying allegations to excuse an imminent loss.

Whatever the case may be, the allegations have added a bizarre twist to the buildup of UFC 135, which takes place at Denver's Pepsi Center.

Dubbed "Spygate" by a report Monday on Yahoo! Sports, the drama unfolded this past past week when Jackson's manager got a call from UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, who was in Rio de Janeiro for UFC 134, asking whether the former champ had injured his hand in training. The original source of the inquiry? Kawa.

The injury, Jackson and McGann said, was fake – a ruse designed to ferret out a leak in his camp. Silva's call, they said, came almost immediately after they circulated the information to the suspected spy, and the wording they used to describe the injury was identical to the UFC matchmaker's words. (A separate hand injury Jackson complained about following his unanimous-decision victory over Matt Hamill at UFC 130 was merely a sprain, McGann said.)

Weeks prior, Jackson said Kawa had bragged to a trusted associate that he knew the inner-workings of the camp.

"As soon as I got enough proof in my head that there was somebody in my camp talking, I faked the injury, and what happened was what I was hoping would happen," Jackson told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) on Monday. "The dumb person would say something, and we'd find out. And sure enough, four hours later, [Malki] called Joe Silva, and Joe Silva rang my manager."

Before that, Jackson said he wasn't sure whether it was a spy or the crosstalk common among elite-level fighters, training partners and production crews associated with the UFC. He suspected that someone may have told Rashad Evans of a bad knee injury he sustained in preparation for their fight at UFC 114, where Evans repeatedly targeted the afflicted knee during the fight. Evans told Yahoo! Sports he simply did it because he noticed it caused Jackson discomfort.

Jackson disagreed.

"I know why he was punching me in the knee – because my knee was injured," he said. "It wasn't a coincidence."

When his spying allegations went public, Kawa denied anyone from Jones' camp had been spying and said the call to Silva came after a friend told him Jackson had Tweeted about an injured hand.

Jackson (@Rampage4real) chuckles at that suggestion that Twitter is the source of the information.

"Maybe he meant to say 'text' and not 'Tweet,'" he said. "Do me a favor. Have anybody out there who's on Twitter (go and) search Twitter to see if they can find anything on Twitter with my name on it ... and see if there's any Tweets about me having a hand injury, that I'm out for this upcoming fight because we searched it, and we found nothing.

"Come on. Think about it. If that was on Twitter, that would have been big news. Me pulling out of the fight with Jon Jones? That would have been big news already. So you can just tell that he's lying, he's full of [expletive], and he's dumb."

Kawa today told MMAjunkie.com he didn't want to feed into what he called a "non-story," though he insisted that he heard about Jackson's alleged hand injury through a friend and said the accusations are a smokescreen for problems within his camp.

"I promise to God, I have no spy in that camp," Kawa told Yahoo! Sports. "It's completely and totally untrue. There is nothing to it at all. It’s funny he said that, though, because we've heard he has had old training partners of Jon coming in to work with him.

"We don't care, and it's kind of hilarious he's doing this. But I can guarantee you there is nothing at all that is true about this other than that I called Joe Silva after someone put out a thing on Twitter that 'Rampage' was injured and pulling out. I wanted to know what was up, but it was no more than that."

But Jackson pondered where Kawa had heard about his training partners if there wasn't a spy in the picture. He declined to comment on what actions his camp had taken since the call from Silva, though McGann said training partners from the camp recently have been let go.

"All I will say is that where has the honor gone in fighting?" Jackson asked. "Where has it gone? Where has the respect for battle gone? To me, this shows fear. I don't think the UFC should be involved because I don't really care. I'm just think the fans should know what's going on. I keep it real. I don't pull [expletive] back.

"I just think it shows character. I don't know if Jon Jones has anything to do with it. Who cares. I didn't say Jon Jones called Joe Silva. His manager called. It just makes his client look bad. What your manager does reflects on you as a fighter. I've had managers that have done some stupid [expletive], and it's reflected on me. (They) asked for weird stuff that I didn't ask for. Sometimes, you can't control what your manager does, but it does reflect on you."

Nevertheless, Jackson said the incident has motivated him to train harder for the fight.

"I'm OK with them having a spy in camp," he said. "I'm picturing the spy telling them all the good stuff too, about how hard I'm training and how good I'm looking. Because he should be prepared to get the [expletive] beat out of him, actually." "

Old 08-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Anderson Silva's Future: Georges St. Pierre Or Light Heavyweight Division?

Anderson Silva's Future: Georges St. Pierre Or Light Heavyweight Division? - MMA Nation

"Anderson Silva facing Georges St. Pierre makes sense, but so does the notion of him fighting Rashad Evans, Rampage Jackson, Jon Jones and others in the incredibly-stacked light heavyweight division.

Follow @MMANation on Twitter, and Like MMA Nation on Facebook.

Aug 30, 2011 - In the video below, I try to lay out the various matchmaking and career scenarios for UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. As I view it, aside from a rematch with Chael Sonnen, staying at middleweight makes very little sense either as a title holder or as a promotionally strong idea. The two most realistic options are either a move to light heavyweight to face top fighters there like Rashad Evans, Quinton Jackson or Jon Jones. The other potential option, one that has gained steam since UFC 134 but appeared dead after UFC 129, is an eventual superfight with UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre.

Either option carries opportunity cost, though speaking personally I view the move to fight St. Pierre filled with far more than one to light heavyweight. A fight against GSP certainly carries far more fan interest and promotional heft, but is potentially dubious in meaning.

Below the video is a poll asking which path Silva should take. In addition to watching the video, I ask you to submit your vote on which direction you'd like to see Silva take."

Anderson Silva vs. Georges St. Pierre or UFC Light Heavyweight Division? - YouTube

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!