Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Comments on last night's UFC on Fox event....

Nate was phenomenal...and not a jerk?! Great job. Jim Miller didn't fight a smart fight. His only real shot was on the ground, and he should've forced the fight there early. Instead, he took too much damage on the feet and then was finished easily. Short guys---if you're not getting inside on the feet against tall guys, force the ground game. Simple rule, use it.

Barry had a major chance to do the right thing. He got inside on Johnson, took him down, had dominant position on the ground, the perfect scenario. Then PUSHED HIM AWAY AND STOOD UP. Why? Because he's a fool. Or his coach is a fool. Or both. I'm sad for Barry. Seems to be a great guy with a big heart. Exciting showman. Very athletic. But his UFC career is either over or very close to it. He could've been a loved champ, but he's really proven to be a loved chump. He'll fade away. Hopefully somebody gives him a job. I'd even see him as a commentator, he's a pretty funny guy.

Belcher. Ho. Ly. Shiat. This kid did an amazing job. Was that shocking seeing Palhares get handled like that or what? Palhares is a scary man. When I watch Palhares, I pretty much expect to see career-altering leg injuries inflicted on his opponents. Belcher matched him on the ground---which I don't think anyone could've expected---and finished him in devastating fashion with very heavy hands. Tell you what. After seeing that, I was wishing Chael was fighting Belcher next.

Can someone pls show some data that explains how Dodson won the bout against Elliott? I really didn't expect that decision result. Elliott appeared to dominate, control the cage, land more strikes, and hell, I'd give him an extra point for fighting with one freakin' eye! Elliott's a wildman, but he really showed well against a super-athletic Dodson. I'd have given this decision to Elliott. I think Dodson was taken off-guard most of the fight. Relentless attack, and some really stinging hand strikes. If Dodson wasn't so tough, he'd have been knocked down several times.

Last edited by Super D; 05-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:55 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
JUST finished watchin the main card...Johnson has POWER!!!

Best 4 fights in a row in a while!

Old 05-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, Nate has stepped up his game and looked great against a very tough opponent. Better strategy, better execution and both Diaz brothers always have the will and conditioning. I was also a little surprised to see Miller not trying to force GnP? Maybe he was worried about Nate's jits? But when you see you're getting picked apart on your feet by a guy with arms like a foot longer than yours you want to stay standing?

Too bad about Barry, he made some big mistakes, starting with moving from full mount to side control and not knowing a BASIC move like the americana. He could have finished the fight with strikes from the mount, he certainly could have got a submission.

Belcher was impressive. If he got the twister or the banana split it would have been epic! His ground game against Palhares was great, a lot of UFC fighters are clueless about leg locks and escapes, like we saw a lot of times it's knowing position, not doing something stupid and sliding or kicking out. He also has a horrible tattoo, but I guess we can forgive him that.

Originally Posted by Super D
Comments on last night's UFC on Fox event....

Nate was phenomenal...and not a jerk?! Great job. Jim Miller didn't fight a smart fight. His only real shot was on the ground, and he should've forced the fight there early. Instead, he took too much damage on the feet and then was finished easily. Short guys---if you're not getting inside on the feet against tall guys, force the ground game. Simple rule, use it.

Barry had a major chance to do the right thing. He got inside on Johnson, took him down, had dominant position on the ground, the perfect scenario. Then PUSHED HIM AWAY AND STOOD UP. Why? Because he's a fool. Or his coach is a fool. Or both. I'm sad for Barry. Seems to be a great guy with a big heart. Exciting showman. Very athletic. But his UFC career is either over or very close to it. He could've been a loved champ, but he's really proven to be a loved chump. He'll fade away. Hopefully somebody gives him a job. I'd even see him as a commentator, he's a pretty funny guy.

Belcher. Ho. Ly. Shiat. This kid did an amazing job. Was that shocking seeing Palhares get handled like that or what? Palhares is a scary man. When I watch Palhares, I pretty much expect to see career-altering leg injuries inflicted on his opponents. Belcher matched him on the ground---which I don't think anyone could've expected---and finished him in devastating fashion with very heavy hands. Tell you what. After seeing that, I was wishing Chael was fighting Belcher next.

Can someone pls show some data that explains how Dodson won the bout against Elliott? I really didn't expect that decision result. Elliott appeared to dominate, control the cage, land more strikes, and hell, I'd give him an extra point for fighting with one freakin' eye! Elliott's a wildman, but he really showed well against a super-athletic Dodson. I'd have given this decision to Elliott. I think Dodson was taken off-guard most of the fight. Relentless attack, and some really stinging hand strikes. If Dodson wasn't so tough, he'd have been knocked down several times.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Old 05-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
...Too bad about Barry, he made some big mistakes, starting with moving from full mount to side control and not knowing a BASIC move like the americana. He could have finished the fight with strikes from the mount, he certainly could have got a submission...
Yep, totally agree. At this point, Barry's been working with good guys in training, there's just no excuse anymore. He's shown moments of brilliance on the ground but doesn't know how to close the deal. He has to figure it out pretty damned quick now, or bye-bye.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
the Belcher vs Palhares fight got me standing on my feet, i didnt want it to end so soon

and whats with the tatoo on his arm, looks like mohd ali with obamas smile

Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 PM

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!