Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Gym/Work-out

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Skinny, and you've NOT worked legs?
You must work legs for over all body mass, and that is simply because squats affect your entire body. Nothing adds mass like squats and deads!
+1 for that! Work your legs and your gains will improve. Don't think I'm trying to attack you, but not working your legs when you're trying to put on mass is just not good. Not only will this lead to disproportionate gains, it will also lead to injuries down the road, and those you certainly want to avoid.

Just trying to give good advice.

EDIT* looks like with my slow typing someone already beat me to my response. Sorry for the redundancy.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Although, this was intended as a thread for discussion about all exercises and training schedules, I appreciate the honesty and your pointers. I might put together a different routine just to try some of you tips.

Now, post up you ideas of a great workout!

Old 03-10-2009, 01:32 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL! You've got more than a couple iron heads in here bro!!
I've fought, and up until last year, coached! So I've always got an opinion on training! Well... and pretty much everything else as well.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tsar
+1 for that! Work your legs and your gains will improve. Don't think I'm trying to attack you, but not working your legs when you're trying to put on mass is just not good. Not only will this lead to disproportionate gains, it will also lead to injuries down the road, and those you certainly want to avoid.

Just trying to give good advice.
It's always appreciated! Like I stated before, I've always been very active in teamsports with a lot of leg training and I when I started with weights my priority was to gain upper body muscles since I've always had a fair amount of leg muscles. Now that the upper body are catching-up with my legs I'm going to start training those as well.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is that I haven't been proportional before with "to much leg muscles" and no upper body muscles.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Nutcrusher
Originally Posted by chokeu2
LOL! You've got more than a couple iron heads in here bro!!
I've fought, and up until last year, coached! So I've always got an opinion on training! Well... and pretty much everything else as well.
Yeah I know, that's why I was trying to get a serious discussion on the roll

You don't say .

Old 03-10-2009, 01:36 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
As soon as I have more time this afternoon, I'll look forward to throwing in!!

Old 03-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my workout from last night, I can barely move today.

4 minutes of continuosly lifting knees to chest with intermittent sprawls.

1 minute cooldown

4 minutes of practicing Muay Thai stance

1 minute cooldown

4 minutes of

1 minute cooldown

4 minutes of with hooks

1 minute cooldown

4 minute of with hooks and elbows

1 minute cooldown

Repeat all this time I hold pads

3 minutes of sit-ups with medicine ball

Wind Sprints

Last edited by All We'll Drive; 03-10-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:13 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I do 3 days of lifting and 2 days of sprints. Getting ready for the summer.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Actually not a bad thread at all, however, I wasn't kidding about the spray tan thread.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
After years of varying number of days and schedules, I find 3 days of weight training with cardio/abs and a 4th day of just cardio/abs works best. Anything more then that and I felt I was over training. Here is my routine, always open to some constructive criticism:

Day 1
Chest:
4 sets Barbell flat bench
4 sets Barbell incline bench
3 sets dumbbell fly (rotate flat and incline)

Tris:
3 sets of dips
3 sets skull crushers
3 sets of behind the head dumbbell press

Day 2
Back:
4 sets of pull ups
4 sets of traditional style deadlifts
4 sets of seated row

Bis:
3 sets of seat dumbbell curls
3 sets of preacher curls
3 sets of concentration curls

Day 3
Shoulders:
3 sets of seated dumbbell press
3 sets of side/front dumbbell raises
3 sets of shrugs

Legs:
5 sets of squats

After every day I do 3 sets of sit ups with a medicine ball on a decline bench and 3 sets of leg raises, followed by 10-12 miles on the bike. I also take pilates which has been the best thing I have ever done for my back problems.

My leg routine probably seems a little light, but coupled with the bike and pilates I have gotten the best results.

Quick Reply: Gym/Work-out