Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Turbo 3.6 Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond repute
That is some amazing work being done. Can't wait to see it finished!

Old 07-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Q8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony
That is some amazing work being done. Can't wait to see it finished!
NuclearSymphony,

Thanks for the kind words bro. Will keep you updated.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
What's the latest on this bad boy?

Old 07-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Q8_TwinTurbo
cstroked,

you are persistent bro. I will let you in the works. The turbocherger has a Garrett GT42 housing modified with a GT45R internal. That's the magic behind the turbo.
I have some experience with mid/large frame forced induction. Slick set up. We use 42R internals in a 40R housing as the high pressure unit on twin set ups.

Looking good!

Old 08-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Q8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
TurboART,

I very was busy lately. I should have more info this week.

cstroked,

I am glad you agree with such turbo platform. Thanks for the support.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
Hope it's all going well for you buddy.

TurboART,

I very was busy lately. I should have more info this week.

cstroked,

I am glad you agree with such turbo platform. Thanks for the support.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
197391420007 is an unknown quantity at this point
ZAMIRZ,

I opted for a full engine bay width custom intercooler, the biggest (in width) Bar and Plate intercooler that can be fitted. Will try a 3.5 inch core, so the air can go through it well. Since i have been hearing that a very thick intercooler, ie 4.5+ inch in thickness, might not allow the air to pass through it well enough for good efficient cooling (temperature reduction). I guess we will have to play around with intercooler Research and Development, until we find the best dimensions.
I've got a 4.5" on mine and some very high CFM fans and I think I'm going to drop down to at LEAST a 3.5" core. I don't seem to get as good of a temp drop on mine as I'd like. Do you know what kind of temp differential your planning on achieving?

Old 08-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by 197391420007
I've got a 4.5" on mine and some very high CFM fans and I think I'm going to drop down to at LEAST a 3.5" core. I don't seem to get as good of a temp drop on mine as I'd like. Do you know what kind of temp differential your planning on achieving?

As i was talking to the brains behind the project (Chris @ Turbokraft), we agreed on going between 3-3.5 inches in width, so we could get good cooling/temerature drop and the lowest pressure drop. Trying to get the best of both worlds.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
My recommendation would be 3.5" this way you will move more cfm. What are your head flow rates? What trubochargers?

Art

As i was talking to the brains behind the project (Chris @ Turbokraft), we agreed on going between 3-3.5 inches in width, so we could get good cooling/temerature drop and the lowest pressure drop. Trying to get the best of both worlds.