Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Whitmarsh: Hamilton wants to stay at McLaren

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:07 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Whitmarsh: Hamilton wants to stay at McLaren

Whitmarsh: Hamilton wants to stay at McLaren - GPUpdate.net

Lewis Hamilton wishes to remain with McLaren after his current contract expires, according to Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh. This follows much speculation over recent weeks that the 2008 World Champion could be moving teams after his existing deal terminates at the end of 2012.

Having been a protégé of the company since 1997, Hamilton joined McLaren’s Formula 1 team a decade later and is currently in the fourth year of a five-year contract.

“Lewis has made it clear to me he wants to stay in the team and I’ve made it clear to him I want him to stay,” Whitmarsh told The Daily Mail. “At some point, we need to get a contractual agreement that reflects that, of course.

“But I don’t think — despite the media interest — that either of us thinks we have to get to a contract in three months or six months. I trust him and I think he trusts me.”

Responding to speculation around Hamilton and current title holders Red Bull, Whitmarsh added that McLaren remains the stronger outfit for a long-lasting basis.

“We are focused on winning the championship this year, next year, in five years and ten years’ time, as motor racing is our core business,” he continued. “Ferrari can also say that with some credibility."

“But a lot of other teams are selling consumer goods, cars or high-caffeine drinks. I’m not criticising them; but can they say, consequently, that they are in Formula 1 for the long run?”