Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton not ruling out Vettel partnership

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:52 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton not ruling out Vettel partnership

Hamilton not ruling out Vettel partnership - GPUpdate.net

Lewis Hamilton is refusing to rule out the possibility of teaming up with Sebastian Vettel during future seasons, and he has used his relationship with current McLaren team-mate Jenson Button as an example of how World Champions can work together within the same squad if its main aim is to secure the Constructors’ title.

"Look at me and Jenson," Hamilton explained to BBC Sport after his time behind the wheel during practice at Sepang on Friday. “World champions can race together as long as there is quality in the team. A partnership can work as long as a team exists to win a Constructors' Championship and for the Drivers' Championship.

"With our team being a manufacturer, it means equally as much to them to win the constructors' as it does the drivers'. I don't know if that's the same for them (Red Bull). It doesn't necessarily affect them because they're not a car company, but I think it (having Vettel as a team-mate) is possible."

The 26-year-old went on to deny feeling frustrated by the ongoing rumours, and he has revealed that positives can be taken from the discussion over where he will spend the rest of his Formula 1 career.

"It's not frustrating. Whatever you are faced with you have to try and turn into positives," he added. "The positive thing is I'm being talked about, and that's a great thing, which means I'm not forgotten.

"Another positive is that potentially other teams are interested in me, as well as my own team, which hopefully makes my team hungrier for me. But it doesn't distract us, and I've made that clear to my team boss (Martin Whitmarsh). I'm contracted for the next two years and I'm committed to that, but it doesn't mean I can't promise anything.

"I am focused on my job now and I want to win world championships here, and I hope that continues, but you never know what happens in the future."