Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Robert Kubica reported injured in rally accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Sucks! Kubica is the best of the rest for sure maybe even better than some if put in a great car.

With him out does this mean Bruno Senna is getting a ride?

Old 02-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blissat9k
Sucks! Kubica is the best of the rest for sure maybe even better than some if put in a great car.

With him out does this mean Bruno Senna is getting a ride?
I agree completely, I wouldn't classify Kubica in the "best of the rest" category by any means. He's always overachieved with a subpar car. If he had Mark Webber's spot last year, he would have won the championship in my opinion.

As for Bruno Senna, I doubt he'll get that spot. There's already been talk that Renault is looking for outside help from either Heidfeld or Hulkenberg.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute
Damn. I just saw the car he crashed in, and I wouldn't be surprised if his injuries were far more severe than initially reported. I just saw a Google news article that said his right arm was partially severed (!?) which I hope isn't true.

I hope Robert recovers, and recovers well.

As terrible as I know this is sure to sound, I hope that - IF Kubica is forced to sit out 2011 (which, at this point, seems probable) - Renault choose Bruno to keep his seat warm for him. Signing on another "name" driver as a replacement would be, I think, bad for the team, and bad for Kubica.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by GroupB
Damn. I just saw the car he crashed in, and I wouldn't be surprised if his injuries were far more severe than initially reported. I just saw a Google news article that said his right arm was partially severed (!?) which I hope isn't true.

I hope Robert recovers, and recovers well.

As terrible as I know this is sure to sound, I hope that - IF Kubica is forced to sit out 2011 (which, at this point, seems probable) - Renault choose Bruno to keep his seat warm for him. Signing on another "name" driver as a replacement would be, I think, bad for the team, and bad for Kubica.
Although I completely agree, the team needs to produce results. Are they going to put their eggs in the basket of Petrov and Senna? Highly doubtful.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if he broke his nose.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
^lol, I think that was a pre-existing condition.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
I wonder if he broke his nose.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
It had to be said.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
It had to be said.
Touche.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:10 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Kubica in induced coma overnight

Kubica in induced coma overnight - GPUpdate.net

Doctors have confirmed that hospitalised Robert Kubica is in an induced coma on Sunday night following his heavy accident during the opening stage of an Italian club rally. The Pole is now in a serious but stable condition following a seven-hour operation, conducted by as many doctors, to rebuild the functions of his right forearm.

The latest statement to be released by Lotus Renault GP, at 00:29 Italian time on Monday (GMT +1), reads as follows:

‘Robert Kubica underwent a seven-hour operation at the Santa Corona Hospital in Pietra Ligure this afternoon. The Lotus Renault GP driver had been diagnosed with multiple fractures to his right arm and leg following a high-speed accident at the Ronda de Andora rally this morning. He also suffered severe cuts to his forearm, which could have an impact on his right hand mobility.

Doctors are reasonably satisfied with the way the operation went. Tonight, Robert's condition remains stable but serious. He has been placed into an induced coma and could be woken up in the morning.

Professor Mario Igor Rossello, Director for the Regional Centre of Hand Surgery at San Paolo Hospital in Savona: “It has been a very important and difficult operation. Robert Kubica's right forearm was cut in two places, with significant lesions to the bones and the tendons. We did our best to rebuild the functions of the forearm. It took seven doctors, split into two teams and a total of seven hours to complete the operation. One team was the emergency task force from the hospital of San Paolo (Savona) that is normally appointed to treat this sort of injury, while the other team came from the orthopaedic department of the Santa Corona Hospital (Pietra Ligure). At the end of the operation, Robert's hand was well vascularised and warm, which is encouraging. Following the surgery, Robert Kubica will remain under permanent monitoring overnight because his condition remains serious.”

Eric Boullier, Team Principal and Managing Director of Lotus Renault GP: “The news of Robert's accident came as a real shock to the whole team. All of us, at Lotus Renault GP, wish him a quick recovery. We have been really impressed with the way the doctors looked after him today and we would like to thank the whole team of the Santa Corona Hospital for their professional approach and dedication. I will be traveling to Italy tomorrow, along with Vitaly Petrov, in order to see Robert and tell him that we are impatiently waiting for his return.”

Another update will be made tomorrow morning at 9h30, at the hospital, by Prof. Rossello and Daniel Morelli, Robert's manager.’

On Thursday, Kubica was quickest in Valencia testing

Quick Reply: Robert Kubica reported injured in rally accident