Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2011 Will Be Even More Competitive - Domenicali

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Member
Murph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I hope 2011 will be another competitive season. I agree that Mercedes GP will have a tough time bridging that gap to catch up to the Big 3 and I also think the 3 rookie teams will continue to struggle.

To be honest though, my gut feeling is that this season won't be as much fun as last season, and we'll have to wait for the big changes in 2012 when the sport will see a flood of new tracks, or 2013 when the new engine regs kick in. In the meantime, I hope KERS can shake things up a bit and potentially help some of the smaller teams to see some success. It gets old watching Red Bull, Ferrari, or McLaren win nearly every race. I like rooting for the underdogs.
Brawn seems to think he'll be on point next season. I'm hoping they are as well. It would make for a better season to have 4 or 5 competent teams battling for WDC/WCC and everyone knows that Mercedes GP has the talent to pull it off.

How long was the 2009 Brawn GP car in development? Like 15 months? Perhaps since they've spent a lot of time on the car and probably built it around Schumacher they'll end up with a formidable car next year.

Brawn speaks on 2011 W02 car

Old 01-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Brawn's success was a like catching lightening in a bottle.

It was a combination of early development, skirting the rules and unexpected rulings from the FIA.

I don't think that anyone believed that the trick diffuser would be made legal like it was.

But if anyone can work a miracle, it's Ross Brawn.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Murph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Barrister
^^ Brawn's success was a like catching lightening in a bottle.

It was a combination of early development, skirting the rules and unexpected rulings from the FIA.

I don't think that anyone believed that the trick diffuser would be made legal like it was.

But if anyone can work a miracle, it's Ross Brawn.
I agree with the "lightning in a bottle" statement. Ross Brawn pulled off probably one of the most miraculous/unheard of feats in F1 which is taking a team that basically was dead last and in one year flipping into a winner of both the WDC and WCC then cashing out a big portion of the team for millions and millions of pounds. That'll probably never happen again!

Ross Brawn's excellent reputation and success with Brawn GP made me a bit disappointed to see Mercedes GP struggle so much this season(this coming from a BMW guys!) I really hope to see them competitive in 2011 and I wonder how long Mercedes will hold their stake in F1 with a mid-pack team?

Old 01-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I don't think that anyone believed that the trick diffuser would be made legal like it was.\
I think the FIA knew it needed some fresh blood at the front, and it paid off. Ratings had to be up - I sure know excitement was!

Old 01-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Murph5000
I agree with the "lightning in a bottle" statement. Ross Brawn pulled off probably one of the most miraculous/unheard of feats in F1 which is taking a team that basically was dead last and in one year flipping into a winner of both the WDC and WCC then cashing out a big portion of the team for millions and millions of pounds. That'll probably never happen again!

Ross Brawn's excellent reputation and success with Brawn GP made me a bit disappointed to see Mercedes GP struggle so much this season(this coming from a BMW guys!) I really hope to see them competitive in 2011 and I wonder how long Mercedes will hold their stake in F1 with a mid-pack team?
Keep in mind, a lot of Brawn GP's people left after the title for greener, more stable pastures.