Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Rosberg reiterates demand for competitive car

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Rosberg reiterates demand for competitive car

Nico Rosberg has once again declared that the 2009 season will be a crucial one in regards to his association with the Williams team.

"I want to have success in my sport. That's what I am racing for. I hope I have the car to have that this year," the German declared.

With sweeping modifications affecting the regulations and the handling of the cars this year, the playing field will be quite different starting with the 2009 season and the probability of a change in the pecking order is real.

"It's very possible," Rosberg said. "But if not then I will have to see because by 2010 I really want to be in a top car."

The 23-year-old was only able to reach a lowly 13th place in the drivers' championship last year at the controls of the Williams FW30. With his contract coming to a close at the end of this season, the team has no choice but to deliver a competitive 2009 car to avoid losing Rosberg, one of the sport's most sought-after drivers.

Sir Frank Williams is quite aware of his talented driver's outlook - and even agrees with him: "If Nico had a McLaren he would be running at the front all the time. "

"It's something we have obviously thought about,"
he added, referring to Rosberg's intent to leave the team if the Williams FW31 cannot offer greater performances.

"We want to have a competitive car and time will soon tell if we have or we haven't," Williams said. "It is by no means impossible."

If Rosberg eventually decides to leave the team in order to pursue his Formula One career at higher levels, it will not be without a pang of regret.

"I really wish it could be with Williams," Rosberg insisted. "That would be something special, to have success with such a great team would be a special feeling."

"That's my main focus and we'll see about the rest but I'm confident they are going to give me a good car,"
he stated.

Daniel BASTIEN
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I wish Nico the best of luck this year! Especially because he looks just like Jox!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah he does you gotta post that on the ts look alike thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
Yeah he does you gotta post that on the ts look alike thread
Already did! I'm serious, they could be twins...

Old 03-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not optimistic Williams will provide him with the car he wants this year.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Oh GAWD! Not Nico "I'm too busy listening to my music to talk to Peter Windsor" Rosbert again. Doesn't he know that if Windsor doesn't pull Willams out of that burning car then he doesn't have a team?

I totally discount him and anyone dumb enough to buy him on their F1 Fantasy team deserves to lose hard.

Hey Russ, join the F1 Fantasy league. See sticky in this sub-forum.