Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Domenicali offers to quit over Ferrari crisis

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Domenicali offers to quit over Ferrari crisis

Stefano Domenicali has admitted he would consider his position as Ferrari Team Principal if he thought it would pull the Italian team out of its crisis.

Despite a technical step forward in Barcelona, only Williams, Toro Rosso and Force India sit lower than the reigning constructors' champions in the 2009 standings, following more strategic and reliability issues at the weekend.

F1 Chief Executive Bernie Ecclestone mused in Barcelona that the team's new top management is the problem.

"I think with (Jean) Todt gone, we've gone a little bit back to the way it was before Todt went there," said the Briton, always keen to jump on any particular bandwagon.

And when asked about Felipe Massa running out of fuel at the end of the Spanish Grand Prix, Renault team boss Flavio Briatore told Spain's AS newspaper while laughing: "Fortunately I am not the head of Ferrari!"

Massa’s woes allowed the struggling Alonso to inherit fifth position in the leading Renault.

Quoted by the German broadcaster RTL, Domenicali commented: "I do not think I'm the problem. But if necessary, I would make room."

E.A. © CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Stand up move. His calls have left an egg on Ferrari's face. Did I see Luca hanging at the Mclaren pit wall on Sunday?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Ferrari really has made some utterly disastrous blunders this season. First it was reliability issues and problems with KERS, then it was tire choice mistakes and now it's pure idiocy when it comes to refueling! Seriously, how much dumber can these guys be this season?!?!

At least they got rid of the light-up lollipops and Massa hasn't run anyone over in the pits yet. Stand up move my Mr Domenicali. Maybe he's trying to get out of F1 so he won't have this horrible season on his conscience anymore.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
It is a shame what is going with the boys in red, and I hope they figure out the problem.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Ferrari really has made some utterly disastrous blunders this season. First it was reliability issues and problems with KERS, then it was tire choice mistakes and now it's pure idiocy when it comes to refueling! Seriously, how much dumber can these guys be this season?!?!
Unfortunately, I have a feeling it is not the end.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Is it Domenicali's fault that Ferrari was locked in a championship fight with McLaren until the last turn of the 2008 season?

They simply did not have time to develop the car in the off season. The same thing is happening to McLaren and - in large part - to BMW as well.

It is really nobody's fault that the car sucked when the season started. That was just the result of a long, hard 2008 title fight that left everyone drained and disappointed.

But it very well may be someone's fault - maybe his - that the car has not significantly improved over the past 5 races. The mechanical failures and brain-farts are definitely a big concern.

Heads will roll folks. I can assure you of that. But my biggest fear is that Ferrari can't handle being down the grid and will just hang it up.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Is it Domenicali's fault that Ferrari was locked in a championship fight with McLaren until the last turn of the 2008 season?

They simply did not have time to develop the car in the off season. The same thing is happening to McLaren and - in large part - to BMW as well.

It is really nobody's fault that the car sucked when the season started. That was just the result of a long, hard 2008 title fight that left everyone drained and disappointed.

But it very well may be someone's fault - maybe his - that the car has not significantly improved over the past 5 races. The mechanical failures and brain-farts are definitely a big concern.

Heads will roll folks. I can assure you of that. But my biggest fear is that Ferrari can't handle being down the grid and will just hang it up.
Once Brawn Left Ferrari they started to slip and they did even more so once Todt left. The problem is that Ferrari used to be the most reliable car on the grid and that is no longer the case. I can forgive the slow pace and even the reliability issues but the strategic blunders in Malaysia and Spain particularly are unforgivable IMO. Dominicali offering his resignation is the least he could do.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder who would be next to take Dom's spot. Certainly not Schumi?

Old 05-13-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
Once Brawn Left Ferrari they started to slip and they did even more so once Todt left. The problem is that Ferrari used to be the most reliable car on the grid and that is no longer the case. I can forgive the slow pace and even the reliability issues but the strategic blunders in Malaysia and Spain particularly are unforgivable IMO. Dominicali offering his resignation is the least he could do.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to like.no.other again.