Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2011 GT1 World Championship Calendar

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
2011 GT1 World Championship Calendar

The 2011 calendars for the FIA GT1 World and FIA GT3 European Championships have been announced by the FIA World Motor Sport Council with two new events in key markets for luxury and sports car manufacturers – China and Russia.

After a highly successful first season GT1 will begin, as it did in 2010, in Abu Dhabi at the end of March. As well as the event in the United Arab Emirates, the events in Algarve, Silverstone, Navarra, Paul Ricard and San Luis are all carried over from the inaugural season.

The four new tracks on the 2011 calendar include Zolder (Belgium), Sachsenring* (Germany) and Curitiba (Brazil), with the GT1 World Championship heading into new territory in September with a race in China, at the Ordos International Circuit.

The FIA GT3 European Championship will be held over 12 races on six circuits, including three which are new to the championship. The first four events will be held with the FIA GT1 World Championship in Portugal, Great Britain, Spain and France before the final four races, where GT3 will be the headline series.

Rounds 9 and 10 will be held in Russia for the first time on the new Smolensk circuit in Western Russia, while the finale will be held in the Netherlands for the first time, with two races at Zandvoort in October.

Stephane Ratel, CEO of the SRO Motorsports Group, said: “Today the 2011 calendars for the two leading international GT series in the world were unveiled. This year saw the FIA GT1 World Championship become a reality and 2011 will see us build on the solid foundations we laid this season by adding a race in Asia alongside the ones in Europe, South America and the Middle East.

"China is a very important market for luxury and sportscar manufacturers and another step in our long term strategy that will eventually see GT1 World Championship race on every continent.

“The FIA GT3 European Championship continues to provide a great platform for drivers, teams and sponsors.

"Racing on the same events as the FIA GT1 World Championship gives the GT3 teams access to a far greater audience and helps establish the FIA GT brand in new markets.

"Russia, like China, is one of the world’s fastest growing markets for the luxury and sports car manufacturers and the GT3 race at Smolensk is an extremely important event by paving the way for a GT1 presence in 2012.”

2011 FIA GT1 World Championship

26th March UAE Abu Dhabi

10th April Belgium Zolder

8th May Portugal Algarve

15th May* Germany* Sachsenring*

5th June Great Britain Silverstone

3rd July Spain Navarra

17th July France Paul Ricard

4th September China Ordos

23rd October Brazil Curitiba

6th November Argentina San Luis

*subject to ASN confirmation

2011 FIA GT3 European Championship

8th May Portugal Algarve

5th June Great Britain Silverstone

3rd July Spain Navarra

17th July France Paul Ricard

21st August Russia Smolensk

16th October Netherlands Zandvoort

Source : FIA GT1 World Championship - Official Site

Old 12-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
I must admit that I was a bit skeptical about how good the GT1 category was going to be last year since it has appeared to be a dying breed. ALMS got rid of the category, it was announced that last year 24 hours of Le Mans was the last year of the GT1 Category, so for me it was well if there is nothing else going on then at least is something. But man was I wrong.....

The GT1 World Championship was a great series, lots of great racing, and when I say great racing I mean GREAT. The grid was very well balanced even thou the cars were somewhat different.

The other thing that for me was very interesting and great was the fact that all races were streamed and stored in there website, no commercials, no interruptions, great commentary, just pure racing. I loved it.

If anyone wants to see some great racing head up to their website they still have most of there complete races available for watching. http://www.gt1world.com/gt1tv

2011 is going to be another great year for Motorsports, ALMS will be great, really looking forward to the top endurance races as always, F1 of course and now this other great championship. Its good to be a racing fan.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
I've never watched these races. I guess it's because Speed never shows them. I'll definitely have to watch them this year though.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^SpeedTV is playing some of these races as they usually do in the off season. Check them out along with DTM and Australian Supercars. I usually just surf a week ahead through the schedule and DVR them

Old 12-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
^SpeedTV is playing some of these races as they usually do in the off season. Check them out along with DTM and Australian Supercars. I usually just surf a week ahead through the schedule and DVR them
Thanks man.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I have been off Speed TV since my cable company no longer has it. But Gt1 tv works great no commercials, full race day live stream and if you miss it you can still go back and watch it whenever you want.

I rememberer years ago Speed TV did not transmit FIA GT1 on US programing, but when I traveled to south america the transmission of Speed TV for South America had everything except the excess of Nascar.