Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

FIA GT1 World Championship

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
FIA GT1 World Championship

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share with all of you the start of the new season of the FIA GT1 World Championship and I am so hyped up for the season.

The GT1 may not be at the current moment the most popular race championship but the action and now with this new grid, I believe that it is superior to AMLS GT, and I am a huge AMLS GT fan.

So I will leave you guys with a little bit of info from the GT1 web page and the Video of the first race that was today.

If you love racing... you owe it to yourself to watch it.

Have a good one everyone.

The modern day – the FIA GT1 World Championship

The 2010 season marked the next stage of the GT racing story with the successful inception of the FIA GT1 World Championship which saw privateer teams compete across GT1 and GT3 classes, with the GT3 variant being run within Europe.

For the 2012 season, a raft of new technical regulations is aimed to swell the number of entries by running the GT1 cars to GT3 specifications, markedly reducing running costs. The changes have brought brands such as McLaren, Mercedes, Ferrari and Audi to the start line, meaning that 2012 looks set to be stronger, more competitive and more exciting than ever.

The 2012 entry lists boats an enviable line-up of thoroughbred GT cars – Audi R8 LMS, Aston Martin DBRS9, BMW Z4, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ford GT, Lamborghini Gallardo LP600, McLaren MP4 12-C, Mercedes SLS GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 R.

The global expansion of the series continues with events in all four corners of the globe. A highlight of the 2011 season was a spectacular night-time demonstration race at Beijing’s iconic Olympic Park. GT1 will revisit China in 2012 for races in Beijing and Ordos while Korea, Russia and South America are on the provisional calendar.

While Nogaro will usher in the European leg of the championship, the standout addition for 2012 is India with the event takingplace at the stunning Buddh Formula Once circuit in New Delhi.
Here is the GT1 Race

GT1 Championship Race Nogaro, France - Official Watch Again | GT World 09-04-12 - YouTube

Old 04-09-2012, 04:54 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
The GT1 is just freakin awesome!!!

There are so many Great drivers,hard fights on the grid and interesting tracks....
it`s one of the reasons(next to VLN) why I get up at stupid times to watch it on TV

Old 04-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks for posting this. Lately, I find that I can't get enough racing, so I will probably follow this championship along with F1.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
The GT1 is just freakin awesome!!!

There are so many Great drivers,hard fights on the grid and interesting tracks....
it`s one of the reasons(next to VLN) why I get up at stupid times to watch it on TV
Very true. I would personally go as far to say that in GT1 is where I have seen the most consistent pure action dogfights on a track day in and day out, more than AMLS, Australian V8, DTM, and WTCC. And for the record I love them all.

Originally Posted by Master Shake
Thanks for posting this. Lately, I find that I can't get enough racing, so I will probably follow this championship along with F1.
You are welcomed.

Also worthy of mentioning, FIA GT1 World Series is broadcasted this year live on there YouTube Channel : gt1world - YouTube .

And if you miss the live event don't worry they keep them so you can watch it later. I really like that they care about the fans all around the world and be so accessible.