Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2011 Formula 1 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Al! You should get something fun in the mail very soon!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Dana!!!!!!!! It's been a while! I started this thread from an idea of yours to group everything into one. Hope you like it. How've you been man?

Old 12-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh and to get off the whole Petrov ordeal... here's some more controversial news about the whole 'Lotus' mess...

Chapman, Mansell back Group Lotus | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video

Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I think that the crop of drivers that will fill the grid in 2011 will be the best group in the history of F1.

You have - at least - five drivers that could legitimately contend for a World Championship: Hamilton, Button, Alonso, Vettel and Webber. Throw in Massa and a revitalized Schumacher and you could have a 7-man, 4-team race.

How many years did we go in F1 with a one or two horse race? It is the beginning of something particularly special. Now let's just hope they don't ruin it with 1.6 liter engines.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I think that the crop of drivers that will fill the grid in 2011 will be the best group in the history of F1.

You have - at least - five drivers that could legitimately contend for a World Championship: Hamilton, Button, Alonso, Vettel and Webber. Throw in Massa and a revitalized Schumacher and you could have a 7-man, 4-team race.

How many years did we go in F1 with a one or two horse race? It is the beginning of something particularly special. Now let's just hope they don't ruin it with 1.6 liter engines.
Well said. I think this upcoming season will be a great year of racing with a large pool of veteran talent, as well as some newcomers who will begin to come into their own and prove themselves.

In addition to the obvious contenders that Dana mentioned, I expect big things from Kobayashi; mainly some big wrecks but I think he'll also dish out some big ego checks for some veterans.

I'm also very curious to see what Vettel will do in 2011. He's coming off of the best season of his admittedly short F1 career where he's been criticized as being immature and reckless. Perhaps becoming a world champ will give him the boost and focus he needs to really take the reigns this year, or maybe his ego will go to his head and he'll fall from grace rather quickly...

In any case, I'm looking forward to hanging out with Dana and his son Paul in Montreal this June and seeing for myself!

Old 12-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Lewis has ruled the CGP!

Besides, he has won every race I have ever been too.

I've only been to two - but he won them both!

Old 12-28-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla

In any case, I'm looking forward to hanging out with Dana and his son Paul in Montreal this June and seeing for myself!
Chinese Friday night and steakhouse Saturday night. Leave your purse and light saber in MN.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
I gotta look into Montreal tix.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
Chinese Friday night and steakhouse Saturday night. Leave your purse and light saber in MN.
Noted.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by VegasFloyd
I gotta look into Montreal tix.
Yes you do. Last time I checked, there were still tickets in section 11 where Dana and I will be. Not sure where Alex and his crew will be.

Quick Reply: 2011 Formula 1 Off-Season Discussion Thread