Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2011 Formula 1 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Barrister
Hey. Is there any room for an old friend in this thread?
Nice to have you back

Old 12-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Hispania Racing will use their 2010 chassis during the first pre-season test in Valencia at the start of February.

The troubled team are yet to confirm their driver line-up for the 2011 season and there have been several reports claiming they won't make the grid next year.

However, team owner Jose Ramon Carabante insisted recently that they are in negotions with "one of the five most important companies in Spain" and "will soon announce a major sponsor".

Hispania missed winter testing before the start of the 2010 season, but they are confident they will make it to Valencia this time round - even if it is with an old chassis.

"We are planning to use the 2010 car for the first test. The 2010 chassis will have some modifications while we run it in Valencia," a Hispania spokesperson told GPUpdate.net.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Alonso ready to take on Vettel at Ferrari

Fernando Alonso has said he wouldn't have any problems with Sebastian Vettel joining the Ferrari Formula 1 team one day. Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has said last week he expects the German F1 champion to race for Ferrari one day.

Speaking to the Spanish media Fernando Alonso said: “I don't fear Sebastian (Vettel). I wouldn't mind it at all if he would join the Ferrari team one day and become a team-mate. I am not afraid to battle with any team-mate. No team-mate has ever scored more points than I have in a Formula 1 season so I don't see why I should fear anyone who would become my team-mate.”

Old 12-30-2010, 02:01 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Indian Grand Prix track preview

click for vid -> GPUpdate.net

Old 12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Murph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really nice
Originally Posted by IIVVX

Fernando Alonso has said he wouldn't have any problems with Sebastian Vettel joining the Ferrari Formula 1 team one day. Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has said last week he expects the German F1 champion to race for Ferrari one day.

Speaking to the Spanish media Fernando Alonso said: “I don't fear Sebastian (Vettel). I wouldn't mind it at all if he would join the Ferrari team one day and become a team-mate. I am not afraid to battle with any team-mate. No team-mate has ever scored more points than I have in a Formula 1 season so I don't see why I should fear anyone who would become my team-mate.”

I do wonder how the season would play out with both of these guys at Ferrari. Sounds like Massa is basically done in Ferrari's eyes and they know who they're scouting next.

Hopefully it wouldn't be a season like the one Alonso endured at McLaren with Hamilton. That said, in equal cars my money is on Alonso.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I read this too.

He is fudging a bit. In 2007 he and Lewis TIED in points.

Alonso loves Pyrrhic victories I guess.

Kubica would be a better match for both Alonso and Ferrari IMHO.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
After the awesome season that Vettel has had with RBR, I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. I'd be disappointed to see Vettel racing for Ferrari, actually.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Vettel has 1 year left on his Red Bull contract.

He will drive a red car in 2012.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:49 PM
FIGJAM
dana is right, ferrari will do its damndest to get him.

don't discount the allure of the red cars. remember vettel grew up idolizing schumi...

Last edited by IIVVX; 12-30-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Also, remember that 2010 is that last year that Ferrari has to pay Kimi $25 million to fail at Rally racing.

Their coffers will be much more full from now on.

But I totally agree with I - he will take LESS money to drive the red car. I would bet my life on it.

Quick Reply: 2011 Formula 1 Off-Season Discussion Thread