Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Piquet Jr. returns to European racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:54 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Piquet Jr. returns to European racing

Piquet Jr. returns to European racing - Formula 1 news - GPUpdate.net

It has been confirmed that Nelson Piquet Jr. will make his return to the European racing scene for the final round of this season's Spanish GT Championship in October. Competing with the Aurora Racing Team, the Brazilian will partner former Virgin Racing test driver Álvaro Parente for the Barcelona endurance event.

Having left Formula 1 following the controversial end to his Renault career last season, Piquet has since competed in the NASCAR Truck Series although the son of the triple F1 World Champion with the same name will be racing a Ferrari 430 on October 29 and 30. Aurora has also mentioned that Piquet may compete in Estoril's September round for 'another opportunity to acclimatise'.

"I am very glad to have this new challenge and return to racing in Europe, where I have been for most of my career," Piquet commented.

"It's a new category for me and I am very motivated able to be able to bring all of my experience to GT racing - it's something I know I'll love. I am also very happy to rely on the company of Álvaro Parente and am willing to work with him and with the team to achieve excellent results."

"I am honoured to have Nelson Piquet alongside Álvaro Parente for the final race of the Open GT season," added Aurora Group CEO Marcel Sanders. "I believe that Álvaro and Nelson, two drivers with F1 qualities, will be the strongest team in the championship."

Old 04-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
He will never race in F1 again.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
He should never race in an FIA sanctioned event ever.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Team orders...

I agree with everyone. Someone that deliberately puts their life in danger because of orders should just leave.