Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPC Racing Returns to Victory Lane at CTMP

Old 07-26-2013, 10:39 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
TPC Racing Returns to Victory Lane at CTMP

TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson Back On Top in Canada

For rounds seven and eight of the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Series by Yokohama, the TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson / Merkle team was at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. The team went into rounds seven and eight leading the team and drivers’ championship in the Gold Class as well, first and second in the Masters Class standings.

The weekend started off well for the TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson / Merkle team. Out of the trailer, both the 35 car of Ben Keating and 36 car of Michael Levitas were quick. The team made chassis adjustments during practice and the cars proved to handle better, making for what would be good cars in qualifying and in the race.

Just before qualifying, there was a heavy storm that came in. The TPC Racing cars were setup well and would have been good in the rain, but also good in the dry. On the out lap, cars started going off track which caused the session to be stopped so that there could be track cleanup. When the cars were released to go back out again, there was lightning as the cars were making another out lap which caused the session to be canceled. When the session was canceled, IMSA had the cars gridded based off of practice times. This would have Ben Keating start in fifteenth position in the Platinum Class and Michael Levitas start in second in the Gold Class.

When it came time to race, the track was dry and the TPC Racing team had great cars to fight to the front with. At the drop of the green flag, Levitas took off in the Gold Class and got the lead. It was a hard fight with the second and third place cars in class, but Levitas drove his 36 Porsche of Towson GT3 Cup back to victory lane at CTMP.

“What a race,” stated Michael Levitas. “The second and third place cars gave me a real battle out there. I knew that I had to get a good start right away so that I could try to run away with it but they put up a good fight and we had a blast. Our TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson team gave me a great car. I have to thank Porsche of Towson and everyone involved as this was a great weekend. I missed having my teammate David out there with me, but we will have fun out at Road America together.”

In Platinum, Ben Keating was driving a fantastic race in the 35 Porsche of Towson GT3 Cup. Ben drove a stellar race, faster each lap and very consistent. During the race, Keating picked off six cars, finishing ninth and also setting a fast lap of what was being set at the front of the field. For making so many positions and driving a great race, Ben Keating received the Yokohama Hard Charger Award.

“TPC Racing gave me an amazing car,” stated Ben Keating. “That was a great race and I had a blast in my Porsche of Towson / Viper Exchange car out there. The competition was great and a huge thank you to the guys at TPC Racing giving me such an awesome car that I could fight with and put down great laps. I look forward to hopefully coming back out and doing it again.”

The TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson / Merkle team leaves CTMP still in the Gold Class points lead in the driver and team championship going into Road America in three weeks.

Ben Keating in the 35 TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson car ready to go in the rain

The TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson entries on the grid for qualifying

Ben Keating with his Yokohama Hard Charger Award

Mike and Ben before getting into the cars