Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPC Racing returns to racing with a pair of podium finishes at Sebring.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:31 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow TPC Racing returns to racing with a pair of podium finishes at Sebring.

TPC Racing returns to racing with a pair of podium finishes at Sebring

PRESS RELEASE:
Jessup, MD (March 21, 2011)

After a 5 year hiatus, TPC Racing returned to the grid and grabbed 2, 3rd Place finishes at the IMSA GT3 Challenge(Gold Class). TPC Racing owner and driver Michael Levitas says, “Racing is in our blood and working with IMSA this year is a great return for us. We have 5 years of time to make up for!”

TPC Racing’s #36 Porsche of Silver Spring, JRZ USA 2008 Porsche GT3 Cup Car ran very strong during the first race. “We knew in qualifying that the car was good but we knew that we had to be careful to get the tires to last the full race.” “We were putting a half second on the leader per lap, the car was running great! However, when trying to overtake the first place runner I overestimated the aero grip and flat spotted the front right tire rather than colliding with the leader. After that I drove conservatively to finish” said Levitas. “We’re glad to take 3rd, this is a very competitive field great drivers and great teams.”

Friday’s race was a different story. “We made some changes in the chassis trying to find speed but ultimately we went backwards” said Levitas. “While under caution I knew that we had an opportunity to get back up front. We didn’t have it in speed but we definitely made up for speed with experience and patience,” said Levitas after narrowly escaping an incident in turn 4 that ended the race under a caution and putting the #36 TPCRacing Porsche of Silver Spring car in third place.

The veteran Grand Am GT Driver and winner of the 24hrs of Daytona in 2006, Levitas, was proud of the teams opening and thankful for support from his sponsors TPC Racing, Porsche of Silver Spring, JRZUSA and family. “I was very happy to have my family with me during the week, My wife Wende and kids Harris and Erin have always been the backbone of my racing career”.

TPC Racing will be returning to the grid at the Miller Motorsports Park for the IMSA GT3 Challenge support race at the 2011 Utah Grand Prix.
Source [TPC]

Race One Opening Laps

YouTube - TPC Racing Sebring '11 Race One Opening Laps

Race Two Close Call!

YouTube - TPC Racing very close call at Sebring IMSA GT3 Challenge Race 2

Big thanks to Alzilla for the pictures and for the Support from Teamspeed! Going to be a great season!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:48 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Holy S**t!!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:51 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
at about 90mph...

Old 03-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, that was a crazy wreck. I was glad to see Mike made it out unscathed.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats guys! I've been following your updates on Facebook. Some crazy action out there!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
snowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of light
Yieks, and I thought I was hard on tires!!Congrats on the finishes and that was some great driving!

Old 03-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Here's another angle on that accident at Turn 3 & 4:

Old 03-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
^^^talk about luck. Number 26 was very lucky indeed

Old 03-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Mike!