Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton opens driver academy

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:51 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton opens driver academy

Hamilton opens driver academy - Formula 1 news - GPUpdate.net

Anthony Hamilton, father and Manager of 2008 World Champion Lewis, has announced that he is to open the GP Prep Drivers Academy. The scheme will involve the Englishman running several 2009 specification Formula 1 cars in order to allow the younger generation to rack up F1 mileage as soon as possible.

With Lewis having been part of McLaren's young driver development programme since 1997, Anthony understands the importance of training drivers from as young an age as possible; the cars, plus equipment and workers to run them, will be leased to interested parties through the company.

"If you look at our sport, drivers are very lucky to make it to F1 because there's no career path structured for it," Anthony, who has already agreed a deal to loan two cars from McLaren, explained to Autosport. "There are guys who don't get a look in. The idea with GP Prep is to provide more of an opportunity for young drivers to be spotted."

Hamilton hopes to see the proposal being put into action by March.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a great idea to me. I can't imagine this being particularly affordable, but I guess if you're good enough to have a shot at breaking it in F1, you've probably got the financial backing to do this.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Sounds like a great idea to me. I can't imagine this being particularly affordable, but I guess if you're good enough to have a shot at breaking it in F1, you've probably got the financial backing to do this.
+111111 I would definitely have loved that option when i was growing up

Old 01-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Everything this family touches turns to gold.

Obviously this will help him win the 2010 WDC.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
...a possible breeding ground for future Formula 1 Champions