Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Am I the only one disappointed by this F1 season?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
We all know this season wasn't started on even ground for all teams and the standings reflected that in both championships being a game of catch up. At the end of the day theres more things in control of racing than the drivers or their teams so whoever was meant to win won, but that doesn't mean it was in as entertaining a fashion as other seasons. Speaking for myself, this will be one season review DVD i'll be passing on. Read my words again and you'll notice I skipped Schumacher's dominant seasons(i'm die hard tifosi) and expressed my congradulations to the champion. I'm speaking with no degree of bias, only from the pov of a fan of the sport.
Teams never start on even ground, you want that watch Indy. The only difference from other years is that it wasn't an established big budget team with the best car.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^Teams normally start on uneven ground due to spending differences, but this year was due to something the FIA had full control of. The rules could've been cleared up before limited testing began. Nowhere in my posts am I complaining about the big names not winning. The FIA themselves speak of leveling the playing field and failed miserably at doing so. As a fan you want to see drivers go neck and neck for the WDC, not play catch me if you can once your development catches up to ours which we started MONTHS ahead of every other team.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I think it was a great season. Tons of different winners, "low" teams came up, "big" teams went down...

Button is one hell of a driver. You guys are nuts to think he's overrated. You want overrated, I give you Kovalainen.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
^^^^^Teams normally start on uneven ground due to spending differences, but this year was due to something the FIA had full control of. The rules could've been cleared up before limited testing began. Nowhere in my posts am I complaining about the big names not winning. The FIA themselves speak of leveling the playing field and failed miserably at doing so. As a fan you want to see drivers go neck and neck for the WDC, not play catch me if you can once your development catches up to ours which we started MONTHS ahead of every other team.
No. Big teams were too cocky to even discuss it. Ask Ross Brawn.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I think it was a great season. Tons of different winners, "low" teams came up, "big" teams went down...

Button is one hell of a driver. You guys are nuts to think he's overrated. You want overrated, I give you Kovalainen.
Haha true that. He's picked up the pace during the 2nd half of the season once he actually started making it to the finish line.

Originally Posted by The Doctor
No. Big teams were too cocky to even discuss it. Ask Ross Brawn.
Exactly. Brawn went to the other teams in FOTA to ask about the diffuser issue before going to the FIA and FOTA just told him not to waste his time and didn't bother to research the "double diffuser" themselves, iirc.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Obviously for F1 '09 theres more talk about things other than racing. When the other teams caught up(somewhat) can someone tell me Button's qualifying/finish average? I'm certain it wasn't on par with past champions against stiffer competition.