Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Am I the only one disappointed by this F1 season?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
this season was very good. it wasn't the same old ferrari vs. McLaren crap. Force India even got in on the action! yeah there was drama but what major sport doesn't have it? Either you enjoy the behind the scenes action or you ignore it and watch the race, if you let the drama ruin it for you that is your own damn fault. Just about every race had something crazy happen, and you weren't sure who was going to end the season strong (both the power house teams showed some light towards the end). The only thing this season lacked was Barrister.
Completely agree!
I though it was a very exciting season. Seeing new teams get in on the action and then this race with Barrichello having the chance to come back and snatch the title away from his teammate, pretty cool stuff. Even with the drivers championship and constructors championship titles awarded, I'm looking forward to the next race.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Are you kidding me? Give it a break. Button and Brawn won it fair and square. It's not their fault other teams failed to interpret the rules correctly.

Oh, and they didn't have to pull a Schumacher to win.
We all know this season wasn't started on even ground for all teams and the standings reflected that in both championships being a game of catch up. At the end of the day theres more things in control of racing than the drivers or their teams so whoever was meant to win won, but that doesn't mean it was in as entertaining a fashion as other seasons. Speaking for myself, this will be one season review DVD i'll be passing on. Read my words again and you'll notice I skipped Schumacher's dominant seasons(i'm die hard tifosi) and expressed my congradulations to the champion. I'm speaking with no degree of bias, only from the pov of a fan of the sport.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
We all know this season wasn't started on even ground for all teams and the standings reflected that in both championships being a game of catch up. At the end of the day theres more things in control of racing than the drivers or their teams so whoever was meant to win won, but that doesn't mean it was in as entertaining a fashion as other seasons. Speaking for myself, this will be one season review DVD i'll be passing on. Read my words again and you'll notice I skipped Schumacher's dominant seasons(i'm die hard tifosi) and expressed my congradulations to the champion. I'm speaking with no degree of bias, only from the pov of a fan of the sport.
I wasn't talking about the entertainment side of F1. Your first post seem to suggest that Button was undeserving of his championship so I was just addressing that.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I think this season has been great so far! It started to get a little old by the 6th or 7th race when Button had pretty much been dominating the series but now it's still exciting to watch.

As TB and Hamad stated, F1 just wasn't the same this year without Dana.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:56 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
i enjoyed the season...but then again i enjoy every season.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Tpup has a brilliant futureTpup has a brilliant futureTpup has a brilliant futureTpup has a brilliant futureTpup has a brilliant futureTpup has a brilliant futureTpup has a brilliant futureTpup has a brilliant futureTpup has a brilliant futureTpup has a brilliant futureTpup has a brilliant future
I thought it was a GREAT season. I enjoyed seeing the world turn on it's head

Old 10-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Neijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond repute
I love it all... With the soon to be released, Pixar animated mini-series, "Bernie Ecclestone & His Ten Little Constructors" ~ (on DVD this Tuesday in the US), how can you go wrong?

I'm not disappointed at all. Yes, it has its ups and downs, like any sport; but this is the greatest sport in the world I'm looking forward to March; an entire new season with entirely different cars. No fuel stop in a 2010 F1 GP? WTF? I dunno, sounds like fun to me though... I can't imagine what the car will look like next year...

Ok, I know I went on a bit about next year; back to the question... No, I am not disappointed by this season at all. I was so blown away by the first race with the rear diffusers, then to watch the other teams finally start to catch on, I thought after the eighth race, Button was lost. I figured there had to be a way for him not to squander all of those hard earned points, there had to be.. didn't there? There was a moment when I thought the 22 year old German was going to steal the show. And then Rubens to get pole at his home track? I'll admit, I was sweating a bit for Button.

I hear what your saying, but disappointed? Not in the least

Old 10-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I would throw out there that Button doesn't deserve it. Ross Brawn should get it for his difuser. Button sucked ASS after everyone realized the Brawn genious and Button did so incredible awful that Vettel and Barichello almost stole the title from him. I didn't gain any respect for the guy and didn't have any before the season. Him winning the championship in a race that Vettel finished ahead of him in pissed me off. But hey that's racing and good for him, He backed into it but he still got it at the end of the day.

I am extremely happy for Ross Brawn but Button is a joke...

Old 10-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I would throw out there that Button doesn't deserve it. Ross Brawn should get it for his difuser. Button sucked ASS after everyone realized the Brawn genious and Button did so incredible awful that Vettel and Barichello almost stole the title from him. I didn't gain any respect for the guy and didn't have any before the season. Him winning the championship in a race that Vettel finished ahead of him in pissed me off. But hey that's racing and good for him, He backed into it but he still got it at the end of the day.

Bar. had the same car as him?

Brawn wasn't the only car with the double diffuser.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:20 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION

+1.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one disappointed by this F1 season?