Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Am I the only one disappointed by this F1 season?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Am I the only one disappointed by this F1 season?

Hey fellas,
I just have to ask. I feel like we've been spoiled by F1 from '05-'08 with all those seasons going down to the wire to name a champion but this year both constructors and drivers champion have been named with a race to go. I honestly think the season never truly recovered from the double diffusor drama which led to a season where nobody was capable of coming within almost 2 races of challenging the points leader.
'05 - Alonso had to fight Kimi(for the most part but his engine kept exploding)
'06 - Alonso had to fight Shuey
'07 - Kimi, Alonso, Hami, and for most of the season Massa
'08 - Hami, Massa, and for most of the season Kubica
'09 - Button......
This drivers/contructors championship I feel is as debatable as Mansell's when he was the only car running the new at the time sequential transmission, but at least he won races all season long! Congradulations to the champion but shame on F1 for allowing a season to be this dismal. I think MotoGP just got bumped to #1. I'm just thinking out loud and am curious what fellow die-hard fans are thinking.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Not just you. I stopped watching about 4 races ago just with all of the drama alone.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
The season is ovaaaa???? Missed the whole thig ....

Old 10-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
I certainly agree.. It has way too much drama and everything is taken sooo sooo seriously ! You can't even get a glimpse of a driver relaxed, laughing or even enjoying themselves before or after a race..
Sometimes I watch those old F1 footage from 70's and 80's and almost everyone is having fun .. Drivers taking a nap 20 mins before a race, laughing to other teammates etc.. But the current f1 is just so serious and anal ! Drivers look like robots and team crew look like NASA personnel...Its is not a sport anymore it is strictly business...who cares when you win or lose like that...just my $0.02 !

Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
this season has sucked for along time....Ferarri hasn't been themselves, all the bullsh*t with Bernie(FOM/FIA) and Briatore has made this season a complete mess and not really even worth watching. I've been a fan since I was like 4 years old and loyalty to the sport is pretty much the only thing thats kept me watching this year.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Thought this sucked. Didn't even care about making sure I was the races...

Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
this season was very good. it wasn't the same old ferrari vs. McLaren crap. Force India even got in on the action! yeah there was drama but what major sport doesn't have it? Either you enjoy the behind the scenes action or you ignore it and watch the race, if you let the drama ruin it for you that is your own damn fault. Just about every race had something crazy happen, and you weren't sure who was going to end the season strong (both the power house teams showed some light towards the end). The only thing this season lacked was Barrister.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad new teams got into the hunt, its refreshing. but then you have teams like BMW that look like they just gave up(Brazilian GP) it goes to show the effort put into this season and makes you wonder the commitment the other teams have as well. I dont think that it was a good season at all imo. I'm definitely looking forward to next year. Go USGPE

Old 10-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
The only thing this season lacked was Barrister.
F1 and Team Speed really aren't the same without Dana

Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
Hey fellas,
I just have to ask. I feel like we've been spoiled by F1 from '05-'08 with all those seasons going down to the wire to name a champion but this year both constructors and drivers champion have been named with a race to go. I honestly think the season never truly recovered from the double diffusor drama which led to a season where nobody was capable of coming within almost 2 races of challenging the points leader.
'05 - Alonso had to fight Kimi(for the most part but his engine kept exploding)
'06 - Alonso had to fight Shuey
'07 - Kimi, Alonso, Hami, and for most of the season Massa
'08 - Hami, Massa, and for most of the season Kubica
'09 - Button......
This drivers/contructors championship I feel is as debatable as Mansell's when he was the only car running the new at the time sequential transmission, but at least he won races all season long! Congradulations to the champion but shame on F1 for allowing a season to be this dismal. I think MotoGP just got bumped to #1. I'm just thinking out loud and am curious what fellow die-hard fans are thinking.
Are you kidding me? Give it a break. Button and Brawn won it fair and square. It's not their fault other teams failed to interpret the rules correctly.

Oh, and they didn't have to pull a Schumacher to win.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one disappointed by this F1 season?