Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Loeb's F1 debut blocked by FIA

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:37 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Loeb's F1 debut blocked by FIA

Formula One news: Loeb's F1 debut blocked by FIA - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Sébastien Loeb is believed to have come close to a Formula One debut with Toro Rosso for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix; however, the multiple World Rally Champion has revealed that he has not been granted an FIA Superlicence and, furthermore, does not expect such an opportunity to arise in the future.

According to Loeb's official website, all necessary arrangements were in place for a last-race debut next weekend although F1 governing body the FIA would not issue the Frenchman the required Superlicence due to the driver not meeting all requirements, such as sufficient mileage in an F1 car or, alternatively, a championship title in a single-seater formula.

When asked if he was disappointed with the news, Loeb replied: "Not really. I take things as they come and I have no regrets for trying. It's just a shame because it could have been a lot of fun, obviously; the regulations are very precise - I do not meet some of the conditions, so it was logical that I wasn't granted a licence."

The Citroën WRC man - Champion since 2004 - does admit that preparations have been ongoing recently. "I worked hard to train my neck, even though I wasn't sure if I was going to race in Abu Dhabi, but had to take such an opportunity very seriously and prepare myself well," he explained, having also tested a GP2 car in Jerez. "Formula One is so much harder, physically, than rallying."

Sadly for Loeb, the dream of entering Formula One now appears to be no more than that. "Opportunities like these come once in a lifetime and that is why I accepted the challenge," he concluded. "To find an opportunity like this one again seems very unlikely, so I don't think I will get the chance to enter F1 again."

Old 10-23-2009, 05:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
He might actually do good...I'd really like to see him race in F1